starting new job changing provinces and visas

After being on a retirement extension of stay for 15 months in Chonburi after being retired from Thai univ teaching job, I just got an emergency job offer yesterday from Bangkok government middle school—foreign teacher has to leave to go back to her country due to family problems. School has 60-day probation period after that they have a condo for me to move into. in the interim, friend has just paid/rented a 2-bedroom condo in Bangkok but won’t leave her hotel to move into until the end of July/beginning of August so has offered for me to stay there and through Sept or whenever school allows me to move into their condo. Her landlord has not filed TM30 as says she is waiting for my friend to get her to physically move in and also get her work permit but doesn't mind if I stay there temporarily but won't file anything for me. Would it be best to stay in hotel for a week so I can get TM 30 easily to change address to Bangkok?

My retirement extension of stay is in Chonburi but I am moving out this weekend to Bangkok to start the job in Bangkok on Wednesday. Can I just go to Chaeng Wattana next week to change my address to Bangkok (whichever address I choose as below) and then proceed when the school has papers for non-B (have to get police clearance, teacher’s license waiver, government certification of my degrees, etc. before they can start preparing papers) to cancel retirement extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana, convert to Covid extension at Chang Wattana, then get non-B and work permit while avoiding having to go back to Chonburi for anything?

I was hoping to put off conversion to Covid extension until very end of July to allow more time for school to get papers for filing after 60-day probation (Sept 12). Does filing change of address re-set the 90-day report date? My current 90-day report day for Chonburi is August 7.

13 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

so I would have to return Chaeng Wattana to try the same day to get Covid extension?

When does your current extension expire? You may have problems canceling it since the normally will not do it unless you have a valid reason proof to have it done,

If you have not changed you address to Bangkok you may be able to apply for the 60 day covid extension.

56 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

current extension expires on May 29, 2022

You need to talk to immigration about canceling it. It will not be easy. In the past people have had to leave and re-enter the country without re-entry.

53 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

But if I did get the covid extension in Chonburi, non-B would have to be applied for in Bangkok

No problem to change the reason for your extension to teaching in Bangkok. You cannot change to a non-b visa while in the country.