Appointments but No Vaccine

onekoolguy

The problem, as always, seems to be failure of communication. It is completely wrong of the hospital administration to ignore the simple task of putting up signs to warn visitors that a department has been closed due to whatever. Placing such information on a face book page assumes every one reads that page regularly, but this requires knowledge of the face book address and many people just don't use face book anyway.

Yes, the hospital needs to be contacted first because there is a shortage of vaccines in Thailand and the vaccines that are available are getting reallocated at the drop of a hat.

• Like 2

3 in my wife's family went on Tuesday for a booked jab, told to come back on Friday -no vaccine, went back yesterday, still no vaccine, took family members phone number to call when available, 2 hours later they called to say now have vaccine, they all went back, all jabbed with AZ, got back home at 10pm. location kilosip hospital, Sattahip chon buri. 

• Like 2

For vaccination information at Hua Hin Hospital you need to go here. https://www.facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital/
Input your 13 digit code and that will give you your queue number. You can then consult the regularly updated lists which show which day and time to attend. Sometimes there is no vaccine available and appointments will be cancelled. This will be communicated via the Facebook page. Next scheduled vaccinations from 12 July.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I took my wife to the local village hospital yesterday for her vaccination appointment.  She got her first dose of AZ vaccine.  I thought I'd give it a try to apply while I was there.  I was given a queue number and waited my turn.  Eventually my number was called, and I completed all the steps necessary, before being told there was no more vaccine available.  I have the paperwork that was completed, and I have been told to return on Monday when I will be given priority.  I have lived too long in this country to be wary of such assurances, so I just have to wait until Monday.  Although it was stated that it was only for the over 60's, a lot of the people in the waiting area were certainly not over 60.

this has been around for month back, there are no vaccine available in the country, most place has never received any vaccine, this is why private hospital are up in arms about it, it is a failure in epic proportion because of greed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khm2412 said:

For vaccination information at Hua Hin Hospital you need to go here. https://www.facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital/
Input your 13 digit code and that will give you your queue number. You can then consult the regularly updated lists which show which day and time to attend. Sometimes there is no vaccine available and appointments will be cancelled. This will be communicated via the Facebook page. Next scheduled vaccinations from 12 July.

Thanks for the link! 

I went to this link and put in my 13 digit code. Despite the fact that I had an appointment for 9 July it now tells me that while I am registered I am not eligible for the current round of vaccine and that I should check back at a later date? They are showing que numbers up to 6634 as the current group to receive vaccine when available? Now I have been assigned a number of over 10,000. Names are listed for the current  eligible people and it appears that they are all Thai's and no Foreigners.  

Looks like it's going to be a very slow process getting people vaccinated?

Supply problems again at the only vaccine manufacturing plant.  It would have been cheaper just to have important better Mrna vaccines months ago or even yesterday. 

Astra and Sinovac aren't much good against variants.  Yesterday Singapore has stopped excepting people who enter that use Sinovac as there vaccine.  There goes a wealthy bubble.

51 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Supply problems again at the only vaccine manufacturing plant.  It would have been cheaper just to have important better Mrna vaccines months ago or even yesterday. 

Astra and Sinovac aren't much good against variants.  Yesterday Singapore has stopped excepting people who enter that use Sinovac as there vaccine.  There goes a wealthy bubble.

I think the one here would be AZ?  or can take a chance and wait for Moderna? 

15 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

Absolutely farcical! In many other nations, heads would roll for this monumental organisational cock up. Not here though, that would be losing face.

And, in the English spoken daily CCSA broadcast, apparently vaccinations are running smoothly...!!!

The mind really does boggle!

They are loosing face big time all around the world already but they don´t know they are!