More Phuket Town schools close over COVID concerns

webfact

1625826086_1-org.jpg

Three more schools in Phuket Town have announced they will close over COVID concerns. Image: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Following the closure of two major schools in Phuket Town announced yesterday, three more schools in Phuket Town have announced they will close for at least a week over COVID concerns.

Piboonsawasdee Municipal School, located on Damrong Rd in Phuket Town, has announced that it will close for a week, from July 10-18.

The school board was informed that students, teachers and school staff were considered to have had high-risk contact with a person.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-phuket-town-schools-close-over-covid-concerns-80621.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-10

• Like 1

I was talking to the wife about our daughter not attending the kindergarten school in Pattaya and it always being closed and continued delayed openings - think she's done less than a week this term - and the wife tells me the school is saying a large percentage of pupils will not be returning as they have all gone back in-country due to Pattaya's collapse and will not return to live in Pattaya. I imagine this is happening all over tourist hit cities now. These tourist city schools will start suffering very soon

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the kids, but l just don't understand how the PM and his so called advisers (partners in crime) are allowing there little Sandbox scheme to continue, move the kids to the Sandbox 

I feel sorry for the school employees, for the children/students, and for the parents of the children who have to find a way in daytime to look after the children.

IMHO this school infection discovery may not brood well for Phuket overall and we could see an upsurge in the local number of new virus cases, forcing the local government to make some difficult decisions.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Sad 1

In University, while doing my Bachelors of Education, a professor once told me that one day learning will be done online... I was angry at his proposal thinking it would kill the teaching jobs... However, today in view of the situation, I fully agree with his prophecy and I find appalling when I see parents crying to get their kids back in schools. I wonder whether they realize or not that they are playing Russian roulette by having their kids back at school at this point and time. For now, until the situation is safer I fully support online teaching and keeping the kids safe... anyone who disagrees better have some darn good arguments. 

• Like 2

Here Anutin's sandbox goes down the pan - it seems! 

How long are Thai people prepared to watch their country going down the halligally with compliments of this absolute incompetence - me wonders? This is of course apart from being the laughing stock of Planet Earth ..... how sad!