Travelling to Hua Hin

RAZZELL

As far as travel restrictions are concerned, I don't think anyone knows for sure yet!  I seem to remember that Hua Hin requires self-quarantine, but how strictly that's enforced, I don't know. 

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

i was going to travel there today , but decided to leave it for a day or 2 and see how it settles down. my wife and kids are staying in HH at the moment so i hope that is good enough reason.

looking on google i dont see any unusual traffic issues right now so maybe they are not operating the check points yet. 

1 hour ago, heiri007 said:

Drove back to Bangkok early Saturday morning from Hua Hin - no checkpoint at all.

Anyone drove from Bangkok to Hua Hin during today Saturday?

If there is a checkpoint going south, you would have seen it when you drove north.

Its not difficult to see the queue of traffic.
When it is there, its usually not far north of the junction from the bypass.
From what I know and reports on the forum, the checkpoints are not there often.

I have been stopped at a checkpoint there at least twice in the last several months.
However, they didn't seem to press very much on covid queries. Simple questions, Where are you going? Why? etc.

Seemed to be using it more to check car and driving license. $$$.

One of my mates based in Hua Hin travelled to Bangkok regularly in the last several months and says that he had a lot of hassle a few times when there was a checkpoint.

28 minutes ago, natway09 said:

The non essential travel reuest is to ask you not to do this at present !!!

But people continue to do so in both directions, probably because there is no effective enforcement, and then seem surprised when the virus spreads and more people die.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, BTB1977 said:

If your coming from a red zone . Please don't come. Be responsible and don't spread this virus any more than it already has. We have had record highs this past week, and it is getting worse. 

You will only spread it if you have it!

So far I have not read or heard of anyone getting stopped by these road blocks?

RAZZ

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

You will only spread it if you have it!

So far I have not read or heard of anyone getting stopped by these road blocks?

RAZZ

There is a Militarily and Police road block checkpoint not 500 m from my house with a long line of traffic waiting to be checked. I would say that on a road like BKK to HH you will run a very great risk of being stopped. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

There is a Militarily and Police road back not 500 m from my house with a long line of traffic waiting to be checked. I would say that on a road like BKK to HH you will run a very great risk of being stopped. 

similarly last year and after 2-3 days it was empty.. they have no problems putting rules but enforcing them 100% of the way is their problem every single time.

I had to go to BKK last year when they locked down hard and wasn't stopped anywhere from Cha-am to Bang Bon (barely in Bangkok, just after Samut Sakhon) and on the way back only stopped for a drug test and temp check a bit before Mueang Phetchaburi (popular place for diverting)..

all the other "roadblocks" they had was a few of them playing on their phones and others unmanned

do update us if its there the whole 14 days then, i'm curious

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, BTB1977 said:

If your coming from a red zone . Please don't come. Be responsible and don't spread this virus any more than it already has. We have had record highs this past week, and it is getting worse. 

in a short time this will much worse with no vax to put out the flames. Folks are going to be shocked at the death rates here -  for like the west they prioritized commerce over spread mitigation and like the west it's going to cost them dearly..

On 7/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, Doctor Tom said:

There is a Militarily and Police road block checkpoint not 500 m from my house with a long line of traffic waiting to be checked. I would say that on a road like BKK to HH you will run a very great risk of being stopped. 

So if you've driven to Hua Hin from Bangkok and they check, are you made to turn around and drive all the way back?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hideout said:

Travelled from BKK to Hua Hin this morning without encountering any check points (and to Chumphon this afternoon).

Does Hua Hin require visitors from Bangkok to quarantine on arrival? Or is no longer required as both provinces are now deep-red?