Water bill late payment overcharge

Husain Tula

Depends on your agreement you signed and the date you get the bill and what date it is suppose to be paid by. 

A bank we are paying back charges extra on the next bill if a bill is paid after 5 days.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Depends on your agreement you signed and the date you get the bill and what date it is suppose to be paid by. 

A bank we are paying back charges extra on the next bill if a bill is paid after 5 days.

It's a bit complicated as the condo is owned by a local individual that I barely met (once in 3 years).  Condo rent is paid by bank transfer, and so is the utility and Telecommunications.  Only the water and other services bill is paid to building management and no mention in the contract about this issue nor was I given a specific date for the issue date and the grace period.  All was verbally informed upon enquiry.

I am just curious if this is normal as I have learnt not to complain and accept anything no matter how odd it may seem to avoid escalations. Not long ago, I had to pay a fine because my landlord refused to go to immigration, and another fine because my 90 day reporting was overdue by one month as my passport was in the process of renewal that took over 4 months.  Even I was communicating with immigration almost daily about it, and despite having an official letter from my Embassy stating reason for the delay, immigration were not interested on anything other than paying THB2,000 fine.

It used to irritate me at the beginning,  but I got over it now. I just hope I don't forget to switch back to normal once I go back home. ????????

If you pay late then you are penalised.. most of the condos I own do similar I am told .. for water and service charges . As for the late payment for fine from immigration that is down to your landlord to pay .. however I know there is a proxy form some of my previous farang renters used .. and an app that also worked well 2 years ago ... Hope that helps .

On 7/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, natway09 said:

Grab a calender if you are forgetful & mark it so you are not late all the time

I have to

I hardly miss paying my bills on time, when it happens, it's because of one thing or another that is out of my control.  By the way, I keep records of all important transactions that includes my bills.  Thanks for the advise anyhow.

19 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The condo management can only charge late fees if payment is over 3 months.

In my case, bill is issued on the first day of each calendar month and a grace period of 10 days are given.  A 10% of bill total is imposed if payment is not done within 10 days from bill issue date.