Are Chinese Covid statistics legit?

wasabi

An increasing number of Scientific bodies worldwide and even some from within China agree the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines have limited efficacy with newer variants of Covid and less than ideal with the original. Every country (including Thailand) relying on these vaccines has had higher deaths and breakthrough infections than those using mRNA vaccines. Is China themselves not predominantly using Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines? If they are not effective why aren't their deaths and case numbers higher? It seems either:

a) the 2 Chinese vaccines work just fine.

b) brutally strict lockdown and disease control measures keep Covid under control there.

c) the numbers are fake.

Maybe it's one of these maybe something else but it doesn't make sense to me,

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

If they are not effective why aren't their deaths and case numbers higher?

How do you think people survived on earth after numerous pandemics in the past? There is a simple method to survive any pandemic. It is complete isolation. No vaccine or medication needed to use this simple method. China is using real quarantines with complete isolation instead of western-style so called "lockdowns". 

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

b) brutally strict lockdown and disease control measures keep Covid under control there.

In China if your house in under quarantine, you simply cannot go out. (But there is a man who will buy some food for you 2 times per day). There is NO any way out. So you simply cannot share your virus with anyone else.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As a rule of thumb, nothing coming out of China is legit. Their Covid numbers are very obviously a complete fabrication.

The western society have only two options:

1. China is a liar!
2. Hey, guys, this is so damn simple - just stay at home 2-3 weeks and no COVID at all. Why did not we use the same method?

Choosing the first option will help to avoid painful thoughts.

18 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

The western society have only two options:

1. China is a liar!
2. Hey, guys, this is so damn simple - just stay at home 2-3 weeks and no COVID at all. Why did not we use the same method?

Choosing the first option will help to avoid painful thoughts.

You have a very poor understanding of the Chinese Covid measures if you seriously believe that all they did was "just stay at home 2-3 weeks". Many places had draconian lockdowns for much longer than that.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You have a very poor understanding of the Chinese Covid measures if you seriously believe that all they did was "just stay at home 2-3 weeks". Many places had draconian lockdowns for much longer than that.

Using the phrase "draconian lockdowns" instead of "quarantines" is good to soften painful thoughts. "Draconian lockdowns" sounds like a new and strange thing. Whereas the word quarantine sounds like a simple ancient thing.
Have you ever seen a discussion about the possibility of using this 100% effective old thing anywhere? TV shows? Newspapers? Any credible news sources? They are discussing "lockdowns" instead. Lockdowns have been invented recently to avoid hospital overload.

16 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Top 10 things I trust more than the
Chinese Covid Statistics

It is very easy to say "I don't believe China" or "I don't believe Chinese statistics". But I am sure that you cannot say "I can't believe that If we isolate people completely in the infected areas for the period of active disease, we can stop COVID". Because it is like saying "I can't believe that 2+2=4".

Their economy seems to be running on all 12 cylinders again, unless you think that all the livestreams on Facebook and TikTok are somehow orchestrated propaganda with millions of hired extras. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

It is very easy to say "I don't believe China" or "I don't believe Chinese statistics". But I am sure that you cannot say "I can't believe that If we isolate people completely in the infected areas for the period of active disease, we can stop COVID". Because it is like saying "I can't believe that 2+2=4".

It is very easy to say "I believe that If we isolate people completely in the infected areas for the period of active disease, we can stop COVID", because it is like saying "If my aunt would have had balls she'd have been my uncle". 

It's not possible to completely isolate people, so making policy thinking you can is silly. But it's always the same with the people that advocate silly policies, no mater what happens, not matter how big their policies fail, they will always claim it would have been so much worse had they not done what they did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's not possible to completely isolate people, so making policy thinking you can is silly.

Just close the doors. Yes, it is that simple. Police and army can help like they did in Wuhan.
People in China or North Korea are very disciplined. If their government says that they need to stay at home - they will. In the western countries it is necessary to get an approval from the society before taking any actions.
The most remarkable thing is that the society in the western countries was not informed that there is such an option. I suggest there could be only one reason for that. Because if you just mentioned it on any TV show or newspaper, people would demand a Chinese-style quarantine to stop COVID.

We see that in China people get full information about methods of stopping COVID. People were aware that they can stop COVID either by mass quarantine (an old good method of complete isolation that worked fine for centuries) or by mass vaccination. In fact the Chinese society were involved in making decisions. They decided to use both quarantines (not lockdowns) and mass vaccination.

And what we see in the western countries? We see that someone decided that only the method of mass vaccination should be used to effectively defeat covid. And the method of mass quarantines should be ignored. ("Lockdowns" slow down the spread of the disease, not defeat it). The western society was not aware of this decision. Instead, people were deprived of their rights to receive full information. People were informed only about mass vaccination, not about mass quarantine.

People in China have received the full uncensored information because the Chinese media resources are controlled by the government. That exactly means in China the government politicians are directly responsible for any disinformation. Whereas in the western countries there are so-called "independent" media resources. So a part-time journalist student Jane and her colleague, a reporter redneck John are the only responsible persons in case of any problems. The absence of responsibility could rise to informational dictatorship.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Just close the doors. Yes, it is that simple. Police and army can help like they did in Wuhan.
People in China or North Korea are very disciplined. If their government says that they need to stay at home - they will. In the western countries it is necessary to get an approval from the society before taking any actions.
The most remarkable thing is that the society in the western countries was not informed that there is such an option. I suggest there could be only one reason for that. Because if you just mentioned it on any TV show or newspaper, people would demand a Chinese-style quarantine to stop COVID.

How do they get food?

On 7/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, wasabi said:

Maybe it's one of these maybe something else but it doesn't make sense to me,

They are institutionalized cheats and power crazy  megalomaniacs.  I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of China. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How do they get food?

Most people in Wuhan live in big blocks of flats. 2-3 people in a big block of flats are enough to buy and distribute food. They simply leave food near the closed doors.
Nothing bad could happen even you stop the entire country for 3 month. Because military have a lot of food for months in case of war. And military men have been taught to distribute it already.
I don't want to say that the society must go this way. I just want to say that the society have a right to know. Because the absence of the required information creates artificial monopoly of vaccine producers.

11 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Most people in Wuhan live in big blocks of flats. 2-3 people in a big block of flats are enough to buy and distribute food. They simply leave food near the closed doors.
Nothing bad could happen even you stop the entire country for 3 month. Because military have a lot of food for months in case of war. And military men have been taught to distribute it already.
I don't want to say that the society must go this way. I just want to say that the society have a right to know. Because the absence of the required information creates artificial monopoly of vaccine producers.

Who do they buy the food from?