Can i get non-O extention in phuket, even if came as sandboxer?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

My plan was to continue from phuket to bangkok after finishing my 14 days sandbox, but now that all

flights and buses to bangkok are cancelled for whp o knows how long, i am considering applying for

the non-O extention in phuket immigration.

i know that it means that i will have to stay in phuket for 2-3 months, in order to apply

for the one year extention(after the three months)

Assuming that i meet the financial requirements, can someone advice me if:

1. Is it possible at all to change from visa exempt sandboxer to non-O retirement visa?

2. will they accept as my address the hotel (SHA+) where i am staying now, or will they want

to see a condo address?

3. Are they strict here with the non-O retirment visas here in phuket, or will they be more flexible in this challenging times?

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Assuming that i meet the financial requirements, can someone advice me if:

There are agency's that you can google I used one for passport renewal and there service was excellent.

6 hours ago, merijn said:

No need to use a agency as it is very straight forward to upgrade to a Non-O for retirement as long you have the correct paperwork.

Send a email to the Phuket Immigration Volunteers ( [email protected] )and they will help you out.

Things change I guess is it because of covid.

When I came in on a 30 day tourist visa moons ago I had to out of Thailand and get a Non 'O' and come back again.

31 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Things change I guess is it because of covid.

When I came in on a 30 day tourist visa moons ago I had to out of Thailand and get a Non 'O' and come back again.

many moons ago it wasn't possible ???? but over the last several years it's possible.

• Thanks 1

When I asked this question a few years ago most people advised I get a Single entry Tourist Visa to enter rather than just visa exempt entry - I did and it worked great.

So double check with others, or just pop in to Phuket Town Immigration office and go to room 103, and show your passport to the Thai guy who always stands outside and helps everyone, he speaks English and is very knowledgeable....(well, he is the one who checks all docs and must ok everything before you can go in at all).

17 minutes ago, Agusts said:

When I asked this question a few years ago most people advised I get a Single entry Tourist Visa to enter rather than just visa exempt entry - I did and it worked great.

So double check with others, or just pop in to Phuket Town Immigration office and go to room 103, and show your passport to the Thai guy who always stands outside and helps everyone, he speaks English and is very knowledgeable....(well, he is the one who checks all docs and must ok everything before you can go in at all).

room 103 is ONLY for NON o visa ( retirement extensions) you will need ask the volunteers in the main downstairs room

25 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

room 103 is ONLY for NON o visa ( retirement extensions) you will need ask the volunteers in the main downstairs room

I think he wants to change to Non-O retirement visa from his post...(after that need extension after 3 months).

There are no farang volunteers in 103 room, just that Thai guy outside...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

I think he wants to change to Non-O retirement visa from his post...(after that need extension after 3 months).

There are no farang volunteers in 103 room, just that Thai guy outside...

He means the farang volunteer in room 101 where the tourist visas are done and so on.

But they are not involved in long term visas as they only do short term tourist visas, re-entry permits and Proof of Residence etc.

For all long term visa issues or other questions you should go to the immigration volunteers who are in room 204 (second floor) and they can help you with all immigration related questions or send them a email at [email protected]