Vaccine Registration in Khon Kaen

Lingba

Hi all...I am currently in the US with my Thai wife...she was wondering if anyone has any idea if there is a private hospital in Khon Kaen area that has a sign up for Moderna or Pfizer or Johnson vaccine available and how/where to do it...or any other valuable suggestions...it will be for her family members living in Chiang Yuen...Thank you

• Like 1

best thing is to contct the hospitals in that area, email or phone.

i just signed up with Sukhumvit hospital in Bangkok for Moderna shot. Bumrungrad charges the same price.

cost 3300baht for both shots and insurance.

they expect to have the vaccine in october.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, rodknock said:

best thing is to contct the hospitals in that area, email or phone.

i just signed up with Sukhumvit hospital in Bangkok for Moderna shot. Bumrungrad charges the same price.

cost 3300baht for both shots and insurance.

they expect to have the vaccine in october.

Yeah but whenever you contact these hospitals you either don't get a reply, or if you do get a reply it's something like: we don't currently have vaccines, or, we are not currently accepting registrations. Or they ask for your details and say they'll contact you, and you hear nothing at all, but read here about foreigners saying they managed to get vaccinated at such and such hospital. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I had registered interest and recently paid deposit for Moderna at Ratchapruek hospital. Vaccines expected no earlier than October (and steady bad news about further stretching).

Registration was through the THG (Thonburi Hospital Group) website.

Don't know what the current status is.

Your wife can also look directly at the RPH webiste:

https://rph.co.th/en/

thanks

On 7/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, KhunBENQ said:

I had registered interest and recently paid deposit for Moderna at Ratchapruek hospital. Vaccines expected no earlier than October (and steady bad news about further stretching).

Registration was through the THG (Thonburi Hospital Group) website.

Don't know what the current status is.

Your wife can also look directly at the RPH webiste:

https://rph.co.th/en/

Thank you KhunBENQ,

My Thai gf has just telephoned the Ratchapruek hospital and she said that they told her that if I register I would need to pay the full amount of 3,300 baht for the 2 jabs and they will receive the vaccines in October, so 6,600 for both of us.  I do not mind paying for the vaccination but I also think that many countries like the US, the UK etc. have vaccinated a high percentage of their population and when they no longer need more vaccine then there will be plenty available from the manufacturers, so I may be wrong but by October and onwards I think that the private hospitals in Thailand will easily be able to buy vaccines.

To help me decide can I please ask if you paid the full cost or a lower "deposit" amount?

Thank you

51 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

To help me decide can I please ask if you paid the full cost or a lower "deposit" amount?

On July 1st I paid 2400 as a deposit for the vaccine as such.

Expecting to pay extra fee when the vaccination takes place.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Keith5588 said:

so I may be wrong but by October and onwards I think that the private hospitals in Thailand will easily be able to buy vaccines.

Have you read that October is just a first batch and that it might stretch to next year?

Have you read how the servers broke down within seconds or minutes when they opened registration for free vaccine in Bangkok?

I am pessimistic from nature and would like to be surprised positively.

The vaccine campaign in this country is messed up completely.

Private hospitals were basically hampered when trying to get vaccine earlier.

(reasons quite clear but can hardly be discussed)

I had even considered to travel back to Germany and look for a single shot of J&J.

But too much hassle with returning and quarantine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

On July 1st I paid 2400 as a deposit for the vaccine as such.

Expecting to pay extra fee when the vaccination takes place.

I paid 1200 deposit for Rajapreuk Hospital. It wasn't necessary to pay but they said I would get a full refund if I don't get it by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

Thank you @KhunBENQ and @Neeranam  for your replies and extra information. I just asked my gf again and she said again that the lady said we would need to pay the full amount. I will telephone myself in 2 days time, hopefully they will speak English.

I think you made the right decision KhunBENQ in not travelling to Germany and then back to Thailand, it would put you at more risk while travelling and could be very problematic and expensive.

1 hour ago, Keith5588 said:

Thank you @KhunBENQ and @Neeranam  for your replies and extra information. I just asked my gf again and she said again that the lady said we would need to pay the full amount. I will telephone myself in 2 days time, hopefully they will speak English.

I think you made the right decision KhunBENQ in not travelling to Germany and then back to Thailand, it would put you at more risk while travelling and could be very problematic and expensive.

Maybe I am different as I registered online through the thonburi health app. 

• Like 1

On Saturday evening, we received notification of a second round of Moderna vaccine registration at Khon Kaen Ratchapruek Hospital, opening at 9.00 am today, Sunday.

By the time I got online at 9.25, the list was closed.

Should have been quicker ???? .

Also, have been registered for vaccine at the local hospital for many weeks but the position is 'no vaccine for foreigners at the moment'.

Edited by MartinL