Doctors at private and public hospitals grow increasingly frustrated with government policy

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Unfortunately not a Thai thing alone. What i read all those contracts are secret also in the Western world. So they have a great reason not to make them public. But it is strange a less effective vaccine costing more. Then again it is the only vaccine they can get.

Their faillure is costing peoples lives and the vaccine are bad Chinese <deleted>.

Wish we could prove if some people were making money. It would totally destroy the government.

I try to remember I live in Thailand and not back west.

In all respect, but the other vaccines are not much better.

This just illustrates perfectly how ABSURD any 'vaccine requirements' are - in ANY country, with ANY of the available vaccines at this point!

The virus won't go away, neither can we prevent new variants - support free & voluntary vaccination of risk groups (if they want to take the risk of the vaccine), but give back freedom to live w/o restrictions and especially WORK without restrictions again!

Let people live and move free again in the "Land of the Free"....

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thomas J said:

There has to be some reason why the Thai government is showing such a deliberate bias towards Sinovac.  They have set up road blocks and delays for all the other alternative vaccines and made procurement of the alternative vaccines by private hospitals nearly impossible. 

Well I guess you have heard the old saying (popular here) never let a good crisis go to waste.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Unfortunately not a Thai thing alone. What i read all those contracts are secret also in the Western world. So they have a great reason not to make them public. But it is strange a less effective vaccine costing more. Then again it is the only vaccine they can get.

Their faillure is costing peoples lives and the vaccine are bad Chinese <deleted>.

Wish we could prove if some people were making money. It would totally destroy the government.

Maybe - for your own pleasure - you might google owner of sinovac?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

There has to be some reason why the Thai government is showing such a deliberate bias towards Sinovac.  They have set up road blocks and delays for all the other alternative vaccines and made procurement of the alternative vaccines by private hospitals nearly impossible. 

...and lest not we forget the Thai govt's inexplicable decision to NOT join the COVAX scheme and receive FREE vaccines!!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Gotta be a whistleblower somewhere in China, USA or Thailand who can shed light on the how and why we got to this precipice. Big book deal or even blockbuster documentary contract.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Come on fella. please do not try to water this down by implicating the "Western World" you and I both know that criminals or at least scoundrels run this country and that starts from the very top.

No accountability anywhere in the food chain.

Any rooms available at the Bangkok Hilton? 

• Like 2

Well, claiming “Sinovac’s ineffectiveness” ...

Seems, the doctors are always looking at Thailand only.

I would suggest, they would better check some countries with high vaccination rates and mRNA-Vaccines first, eg. Israel.

I assume, they would be astonished, how many breakthrough infections Israel had with Biontech/Pfizer !

Back to school ... check what is the difference between efficacy and effectiveness!

A relative efficacy of >95%

becomes suddenly a absolute effiency of 1.4 - to 1.6 % .

Just dig into the phase 3 studies !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

The Thai Dr's that I have experienced at Bumrungrad are World Class - Exceptional. Their hands have been tied from day one and that is disgraceful. If the private hospitals were allowed to administer vaccines from day one, we would not be so deep in this mess. I would have gladly have paid for my small team of staff and their parents who could not have afforded private treatment and remain unvaccinated to be jabbed. We are all victims of this mess and now it is becoming increasingly unacceptable.

I also checked with Bumrungrad about vaccines, and my upcoming appointment.  They replied with a very polite and detailed letter.  My translation: Are you crazy?  No <deleted>’ way!

11 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Sinovac was NOT the only vaccine that they could get.  The GPO refused again and again to order the vaccines.  The truth was revealed on July 2nd.  No orders for other vaccines had been placed.

But they blamed the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) for making a long and lengthy review of the contracts, and Anutin said it wasn't his fault they did not get ordered....lots of buck passing and hot potato tossing going on....

• Like 1

why are administrative staff at hospitals considered front line?  After all the dispensations for all sort of groups nothing will remain for ordinary folk.

Many banks and other hiso have already rec'd one jab.  And look at those in Phuket, up to two jabs already when most haven't had one.

I could go on and on but you should be able to get the gist of my rant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Show us the transparent contracts and the money trail for the billions spent on the Sinovac vaccine and then the world will know the truth.  However, we know that will not happen any day from now until the cows come home.

So according to you this will be for this winter when the cows go back to the stables!?