Doctors at private and public hospitals grow increasingly frustrated with government policy

webfact

3 hours ago, misterjames said:

Have you read the original post?

Yes I did. And the only actual quote I saw from a doctor is this:

“It is unclear why we are spending more money on a vaccine that is less effective but costs more than mRNA doses.”

Not "ineffective but "less effective".

Clearly the reporter does not have a background in science.  And just to forestall your objections, I'm not claiming other vaccines wouldn't be better, just that there's no evidence that Sinovac is ineffective. The doctor got it right when they said "less effective."

7 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Clutching at straws again?:D 

Is that all you've got? No scientific reports say that Sinovac is ineffective. Less effective, almost certainly. It's just this reporter for the thaienquirer who claims this is the case. He couldn't get a doctor - even one who is greatly disaffected - to say that.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is that all you've got? No scientific reports say that Sinovac is ineffective. Less effective, almost certainly. It's just this reporter for the thaienquirer who claims this is the case. He couldn't get a doctor - even one who is greatly disaffected - to say that.

Why are you always splitting hairs? the Virologists are saying it won't have the desired effect of halting the Delta variant.

Gosh you do tire me but I have googled the definition of ineffective for you because I'm nice like that.

Capdddture.PNG

Just now, misterjames said:

Why are you always splitting hairs? the Virologists are saying it won't have the desired effect of halting the Delta variant.

Gosh you do tire me but I have googled the definition of ineffective for you because I'm nice like that.

Capdddture.PNG

Did you get that definition out of a medical dictionary? Because efficacy, effective, and effectiveness have precise meanings in epidemiological terminology.

And what isn't addressed at all in this article, although some may believe it has been, is how well Sinovac reduces hospitalizations and deaths. And it's not yet known how well sinovac reduces hospitalizations and death. And no, reports that vaccinated health care workers have died are not statistically useful. Once again, coronavac is almost certainly less  effective, as that doctor said, than the the Western vaccines in reducing hospitalizations and death. But less effective does not mean ineffective. And unless other vaccines can be conjured up, you gotta go with what you got.

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

you gotta go with what you got.

People don't have to inject any vaccine into their body that is ineffective against the delta variant. 

It is their human right to choose what they put into their body. 

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Did you get that definition out of a medical dictionary? Because efficacy, effective, and effectiveness have precise meanings in epidemiological terminology.

Good job I use the word ineffective then isn't it?:D still trying to split hairs? there is no dual meaning to the word ineffective that is some nonsense.

Edited by misterjames

15 minutes ago, misterjames said:

People don't have to inject any vaccine into their body that is ineffective against the delta variant. 

It is their human right to choose what they put into their body. 

Nice attempt at creative misunderstanding. It was the doctors demanding different vaccines that obviously I was referring to.  That's what the article is about isn't it. Did you actually read the article? Absolutely no reference to forcing them to take vaccines. Nor were the doctors complaining about being forced to take vaccines.

As for people having the right...I guess this is why school systems in virtually all  don't widely mandate vaccinations. At least not in whatever version of oppositeland country you hail from.

Edited by placeholder

13 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Good job I use the word ineff

When used in an article that's referring to vaccines and only vaccines, what it's negating is obvious. You're seriously suggesting that the article wasn't referring to the lesser effectiveness of Sinovac? Pull me another one.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It was the doctors demanding different vaccines

There's also more than quarter of a million signatures from the Thai people on change.org that don't want Sinovac injected into their bodies.

Also 9 million that have registered for mRNA vaccines instead of the Chinese stuff. 

I suspect they and many more will not be going with what they (the government) got.

Not much you can do about it is there?:D

Just now, misterjames said:

There's also more than quarter of a million signatures from the Thai people on change.org that don't want Sinovac injected into their bodies.

Also 9 million that have registered for mRNA vaccines instead of the Chinese stuff. 

I suspect they and many more will not be going with what they (the government) got.

Not much you can do about it is there?:D

Nor is there much you can do about people choosing to take the vaccines?  What is your point?

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Nor is there much you can do about people choosing to take the vaccines?

I'm not the one here telling them they "gotta go with what they got am I? you are!

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

gotta go with what you got.

At this moment the Thai people have the free will to choose for themselves but the evidence is clear.

Edited by misterjames

2 hours ago, misterjames said:

I'm not the one here telling them they "gotta go with what they got am I? you are!

At this moment the Thai people have the free will to choose for themselves but the evidence is clear.

Talk about being purposely obtuse. At least I hope so. The doctors have already been vaccinated. I'm not telling them to go with anything. This is about what they use to vaccinate their patients. 

And as for the right to choose vaccination or not...most countries in the world require children to be vaccinated for a variety of diseases. You got a problem with that?

For that matter you got a problem with health care workers being required to get vaccinated? I doubt very much those doctors would agree. They're just justifiably unhappy that they're on the front line and deserve the best possible vaccine. They're not protesting that they're required to be vaccinated.

Yes the Thai people have the free will to choose for themselves. And lots of them are choosing to be vaccinated with Coronavac. Or is there some report somewhere of large stashes of Coronavac going unused because of lack of demand?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

What is Coronavac?   Is it another name for Sinovac?

Yes.   "CoronaVac is an inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine developed by Sinovac Life Sciences (Beijing, China)"

Pfizer–BioNTech = Comirnaty (tozinameran)
Moderna = Spikevax  (elasomeran)