Are there any proven benefits from cannabis for health

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

let me answer that as simply as possible...
Never in the history of man has so much money been spent on one plant trying to find something wrong with it.

Nor dumb hippies trying to prove it has benefits. WHAT SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL BENEFITS DOES IT OFFER?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

yes there are proven benefits I just watched the other day on TV a young kid who had epilepsy

got cured from medical cannabis

Treatment not cured and YES I MENTIONED EPILEPSY..but generally it's all fake news. The greatest natural drug is heroin and other opiates which big pharma and the church and the left hate.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

and the left hate.

Republicans believe in using stricter enforcement as a deterrent to drug use and drug-related crimes. They believe that jail time must be used as a deterrent for drug use, and that it will also increase support for grants to assist with drug testing in schools. 

https://www.republicanviews.org/republican-views-on-drugs/

1 hour ago, wombat said:

here is one hot off the press

weed pittsb.png

That's social..I meant what specifically does cannabis cure or help with. Nausea? MS Shakes? Epilepsy? Cancer?...That is not done better elsewhere by a different drug? I am pro cannabis! But believe in peer reviewd, science and blind testing and control. Before dope can be used as a medicine it has to be highly synthesized, converted, measured, calibrated etc etc. One of the world experts are a UK Cambridge based company. The FINAL hurdle is passing all the legal loopholes. In the UK the cr@p NHS , though allowed, won't even legally prescribe for proven anti fit benefits due to moral cowardice. Big pharma love the potential for pot profits but got scared off by the moral panic about heroin and opium.   God's gift..That's why they keep fentanyl quiet..but remain scared of ACID, DMT and Pyscoscibin. No medicine can be linked to a history or culture of pleasure..PRIMARILY due to the USA AND the WHO ETC

Edited by The Hammer2021

On 7/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Treatment not cured and YES I MENTIONED EPILEPSY..but generally it's all fake news. The greatest natural drug is heroin and other opiates which big pharma and the church and the left hate.

Heroin is synthesized from opium which is extracted from poppy seed pods. Calling it a "natural" drug is stretching the meaning of "natural" quite a bit. Opium and its derivatives (morphine, heroin) are addictive to some people, so doctors and pharmaceutical companies love them (alcohol is, too, by the way).

• Thanks 1

Plenty of anecdotal evidence if you look for it, and which would be disparaged by mainstream medical science.

Not unlike the sighting of UFO's for so many years, but which is starting to enter the mainstream.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Heroin is synthesized from opium which is extracted from poppy seed pods. Calling it a "natural" drug is stretching the meaning of "natural" quite a bit.

Opium, extracted from the opium poppy by scratching the buds and collecting the leaking sap. You smoke the sticky ball of sap ................ you think that isn't as natural as you can get?

Edited by BritManToo

On 7/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Wow , calling people hippies and dumb and then calling heroin the greatest natural drug ???? I think you shot up a bit to much of that great drug my friend or smoked . Scientific proof of how many people died of heroin overdose or users of heroin is there . Now give me some scientific proof of how many people died of canabis overdose or users of canabis that died because of it . Pharma is not happy with it because they rather have people getting hooked on their medicines then on the illegal heroin devil . Stop using that crackpipe mate your loosing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Acharn said:

I think it depends on what you mean by "proven." Several million people in the United Stated claim that it stops nausea and pain from cancer chemotherapy. Some people have claimed that it ends pain from rheumatoid arthritis. Most of the satisfied customers of medical cannabis in the U.S. say it helps them manage chronic pain without turning to opioids. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that it has many benefits, but I don't think there have been any scientific studies, yet, because Harry Anslinger still rules and it's against the federal law to conduct studies using cannabis, even in states where the use of medical cannabis is legal.

Proven mean blind testing placebo based peer reviewd scientific trials carried out as controlled tests.

Are there any proven benefits from cannabis for health. 

There's a Big argument about the Benefits. 

All you have to know is that they say IT MAY HELP FOR PAIN RELIEVE and Other problems ,BUT it has Never been Proven 100% that it Really works. 

Same with all the vitamins and stuff they push for a fortune ,All they say  is               IT MAY WORK /HELP,Never proven anything.

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Wow , calling people hippies and dumb and then calling heroin the greatest natural drug ???? I think you shot up a bit to much of that great drug my friend or smoked . Scientific proof of how many people died of heroin overdose or users of heroin is there . Now give me some scientific proof of how many people died of canabis overdose or users of canabis that died because of it . Pharma is not happy with it because they rather have people getting hooked on their medicines then on the illegal heroin devil . Stop using that crackpipe mate your loosing it.

It's is the abuse of opioids that is the problem not their correct use. Heroin and morphine have been a god send in the world of pain relief since their invention  around WW1. They remain the main fight against chronic and acute pain.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:09 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

yes there are proven benefits I just watched the other day on TV a young kid who had epilepsy

got cured from medical cannabis

Well, if not “cured”, at least symptoms have been shown to be reduced …

On 7/12/2021 at 9:39 PM, Denim said:

Yes.

Whatever happens the sensation of boredom is absent and the beneficiary is perfectly content with his lot, taking a somewhat Buddhist detachment from events.

Or depression?

53 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Are there any proven benefits from cannabis for health. 

There's a Big argument about the Benefits. 

All you have to know is that they say IT MAY HELP FOR PAIN RELIEVE and Other problems ,BUT it has Never been Proven 100% that it Really works. 

Same with all the vitamins and stuff they push for a fortune ,All they say  is               IT MAY WORK /HELP,Never proven anything.

Vitamins? Tell it to the “limey” sailors.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Are there any proven benefits from cannabis for health? Such as cancer, pain,  relief, insomnia or is it all a scam to escape blood and urine tests?

It isn't a scam, but it's currently a "herbal remedy" rather than a medicine (with one exception) so there are relatively few scientific trials testing its efficacy. Of the two main components, CBD does work for some exotic forms of epilepsy and other seizures.

I suffer from very painful trigeminal neuralgia and CBD reduces the pain by half, when I can get it in the UK, yet others with the same condition say it doesn't help at all. On the other hand, the standard drugs prescribed for neuralgia (anti-epilepsy drugs Carbamazepine and Gabapentin) also work for some but not for others. CBD is harmless, so it's worth a try if there is anecdotal evidence that it works for a particular illness.

CBD is legal in Thailand but there isn't any available at present.

• Like 1