Well done to Thailand Post

orchidfan

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

just normal service.

however, since covid they do have up and downs

Proven to be correct over last year of getting packages from family in Oz.

Just wish some other Govt "service departments could be as smiling, polite and efficient.

Still waiting for online 90day report done last week.....still "Pending" ????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, orchidfan said:

But the receipt has a tracking number on it.

this is not a tracking number if you didn't pay for tracking, this is a reference number, are you sure that it allows tracking ?

i tried before and it didn't work.

14 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

this is not a tracking number if you didn't pay for tracking, this is a reference number, are you sure that it allows tracking ?

i tried before and it didn't work.

Yes definitely a tracking number starting with RO and ending with TH.

And it has been tracked on their app including notification today of Final Delivery in Hong Kong. 

It was sent just ordinary Air Mail (not EMS or registered ) and at B140 I think that's about right. 

Sent another large envelope previously to HK, EMS  and it cost over B700 !!. And it took longer to be delivered (maybe flights?)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes definitely a tracking number starting with RO and ending with TH.

And it has been tracked on their app including notification today of Final Delivery in Hong Kong. 

It was sent just ordinary Air Mail (not EMS or registered ) and at B140 I think that's about right. 

Sent another large envelope previously to HK, EMS  and it cost over B700 !!. And it took longer to be delivered (maybe flights?)

Clearly you do not know that you paid for a tracking number, registered.

There is no tracking number if you didn't pay for it.

But at the same time what to expect from someone who is grateful because a letter he sent has arrived to destination...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

"R" at the beginning stands for registered. That service is 70b.

On top of it 30b covid charge since about october (sometimes they forget to put it on).

Ah, ok, so maybe I unknowingly paid for registered post....although not asked for also the only sticker she put on the envelope (that I saw anyway ) was the normal,  small blue Air Mail stamp on top left hand corner. 

But not complaining. For about $6 it got there quickly and traceable. 

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

Clearly you do not know that you paid for a tracking number, registered.

There is no tracking number if you didn't pay for it.

But at the same time what to expect from someone who is grateful because a letter he sent has arrived to destination...

Ooh,you are awful.

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Ah, ok, so maybe I unknowingly paid for registered post....although not asked for also the only sticker she put on the envelope (that I saw anyway ) was the normal,  small blue Air Mail stamp on top left hand corner. 

But not complaining. For about $6 it got there quickly and traceable. 

There is also always a white "stamp" sticker with the postage, weight, time and date of posting and the recipients name and RO number, can't get posted without a stamp!

stamp.jpg

Edited by Liverpool Lou

32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is also always a white "stamp" sticker with the postage, weight, time and date of posting and the recipients name and RO number, can't get posted without a stamp!

stamp.jpg

The lady retained the envelope after I paid the B140, so she may have put this white R Sticker on after I left the counter. 

Also I notice in your photo, the blue Airmail sticker says "Priority".

Again this may have been the case with my envelope,  but it was small, upside down and I didn't really get to see it.

So this "Registered" mail system seems just as quick, fully traceable and MUCH cheaper than EMS

So why even use EMS??

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

So this "Registered" mail system seems just as quick, fully traceable and MUCH cheaper than EMS

So why even use EMS??

I think EMS guarantees 3-day delivery, or used to in normal, pre-Covid days .   Registered mail provides no specific delivery schedule and has more limited compensation than EMS.

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I think EMS guarantees 3-day delivery, or used to in normal, pre-Covid days .   Registered mail provides no specific delivery schedule and has more limited compensation than EMS.

I guess so.

But certainly not that timeframe these days.

EMS took a few weeks to Australia and longer than the R letter to Hong Kong. (10 or more days I recall)

Depends on the flights I guess. 

But B700+ for documents compared to B140 by Registered.

Think I'll still with registered for documents in future. 

B700 is quite few beers ☺

• Like 1

hahaha, one out of how many that actually arrived at the destination. I had a registered package sent to me, followed it on tracking  and it said it had been delivered but it hadn't. Got in touch with the sender and thay said I had it has been delivered to me and signed for so I told them that I was home every day and no one had been near the house plus I had signed nothing. Went to the local post office and asked them where it was, they said the postie had delivered it to the wrong address and it would be picked up and returned to me, a couple of days later still no package so we went back to the PO and the manager said the postie couldnt remember where he had dropped it off,  we waited till the postie showed up at the post office and when he saw us he did a panic, I accused him of stealing it and he just hung his head and refused to say anything. The manager asked us the cost and he gave us back the full cost out of his pocket and said it would be taken from the posties pay, this is not the first time I have  had stuff stolen by the posties or totally trashed, there is a big risk sending stuff through thai post even when registered

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, seajae said:

hahaha, one out of how many that actually arrived at the destination. I had a registered package sent to me, followed it on tracking  and it said it had been delivered but it hadn't. Got in touch with the sender and thay said I had it has been delivered to me and signed for so I told them that I was home every day and no one had been near the house plus I had signed nothing. Went to the local post office and asked them where it was, they said the postie had delivered it to the wrong address and it would be picked up and returned to me, a couple of days later still no package so we went back to the PO and the manager said the postie couldnt remember where he had dropped it off,  we waited till the postie showed up at the post office and when he saw us he did a panic, I accused him of stealing it and he just hung his head and refused to say anything. The manager asked us the cost and he gave us back the full cost out of his pocket and said it would be taken from the posties pay, this is not the first time I have  had stuff stolen by the posties or totally trashed, there is a big risk sending stuff through thai post even when registered

Sad story and advice noted.

If it's something of value then I'll use EMS, but I think that just for documents (not precious originals of course ) then Registered. 

As noted in my original post, I have received 6 or 8 packages (vitamins etc),from Australia, all sent EMS.

I have the postie's mobile number and he calls me before delivery or at delivery. 

Nothing gone missing yet...so far.

And he knows he gets a good tip each time.