Are Pfizer shots the cure for Thailand’s COVID crisis?

webfact

Pfizer-Thailand_1.jpg

By Thai PBS World’s General Desk

Despite being the most talked about and sought-after vaccine in Thailand, not a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech has been administered here to date. The Pfizer jab’s efficacy is impressively high thanks to its innovative mRNA technology.

Unsurprisingly, calls for mRNA vaccines to be made available are growing louder in Thailand. Adding to the sense of urgency is the Delta variant, which has pushed the country’s daily COVID-19 count close to 100 deaths and close to 10,000 cases.

This ongoing wave is rising fast despite last month’s launch of mass vaccination. Hence, many Thais believe Pfizer jabs are the only way the country can escape its COVID-19 nightmare.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/are-pfizer-shots-the-cure-for-thailands-covid-crisis/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Seems the horse called Thailand has stumbled out of the Covid-19 sweepstakes starting gate and is still running along on just 3 legs.  The Government lied about ordering it and then the next question is "Where is the donated Pfizer"

Blame the disappeared Pfizer on the US. The US apparently put no verifiable restrictions on its donation, which very well might fall down into the vortex.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Seems the horse called Thailand has stumbled out of the Covid-19 sweepstakes starting gate and is still running along on just 3 legs.  The Government lied about ordering it and then the next question is "Where is the donated Pfizer"

I've got a vision of ropes tied around the poor nag and it being hauled up a wooden ramp.

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Blame the disappeared Pfizer on the US. The US apparently put no verifiable restrictions on its donation, which very well might fall down into the vortex.

Cute but as the US donated vaccine was reported to be donated through the World Health Organization, putting the blame on the US is misplaced.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Cute but as the US donated vaccine was reported to be donated through the World Health Organization, putting the blame on the US is misplaced.

75% of the donation is through COVAX.  25%......."will be sent directly to countries experiencing surges, including Canada, Mexico, India and South Korea."

Thailand is experiencing a surge; it could have been sent directly, particularly as Thailand is not signed up to COVAX and therefore isn't the "donation" (Through COVAX) therefore a loan to be repaid in kind? I'm sure I read that vaccines need to be returned to COVAX when able to.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20210603/us-details-plan-to-donate-80-million-surplus-covid19-vaccines-globally

Edited by rbkk
Link

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

Not really. Chinese made Sinopharm (I know it's not the same as Sinovac) turned out to be the most expensive vaccine compared to all the rest eg. Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik, AZ, JnJ. (data is based on hungarian state media)

It's hard to tell the real price for each vaccine, since this data is pretty confidential.

Thailand however is a different story. Why Sinovac was approved and purchased first? It might have samthing to do with a fact that CP group (Thai Giant) is a 15% stakeholder in Sinovac.

2, Siam Bio who supposed to be producing AStra Zeneca locally is owned by guess who?

Why would you purchase or approve dirty farang vaccines and pay the fair market price, if you could keep all this money in the inner circle?

Very good statement

18 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I was under the impression that 20% of the donated vaccines were to be given to eligible American expats, or was that something else ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rbkk said:

75% of the donation is through COVAX.  25%......."will be sent directly to countries experiencing surges, including Canada, Mexico, India and South Korea."

Thailand is experiencing a surge; it could have been sent directly, particularly as Thailand is not signed up to COVAX and therefore isn't the "donation" (Through COVAX) therefore a loan to be repaid in kind? I'm sure I read that vaccines need to be returned to COVAX when able to.

Your source and date. Thailand certainly is experiencing a surge, as is the US. I am an American Expat, out priced in my own country for retirement and am very aware of my country’s shortcomings, however … I also recognize when something is done consistent with the ideals of helping others.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2