Covid Test for International Flight

AwwYesNice1

14 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Correct, posting in the Pattaya for a reason.

A few weeks back we were coming down Pattaya Klang from Suk and I spotted a clinic on the LH side with PCR test in the window. We were moving so didn't catch all the detail. Can't quite remember where but think it was after Foodland and before 3rd Road.

I will need one in a few weeks and living in Chonburi could be faced with going to Pattaya or Bangkok.

If you have a Thai friend may be worth getting them to have a look for you. My wife came up with one in Chonburi, that would have been ideal but they don't do over 60s.

I have had a good look at places in BKK and very few less than 3200 so looks like a case of biting the bullet, also it would be a bit safer to have a hard copy of the result.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saddic said:

I surveyed

BPH - 3800b  2 day turnaround/ Hospital limit 100 tests / day 

PIH - 4000b  1 day turnaround/3800b if registered with them...

PMH - 3500b 1.5 day turnaround

YMMV

The three times i've tested at BPH results have been back within 24 hours.

Mostly i test early afternoon and test results ready to collect 10AM next morning.

21 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes 

But not vaccinated, I presume? I haven't read about any mandating of vaccinations in order to fly or travel. I've read the French have instituted some mandates for vaccinations to access certain venues, shopping, & restaurants. 

1 hour ago, nightbird said:

But not vaccinated, I presume? I haven't read about any mandating of vaccinations in order to fly or travel. I've read the French have instituted some mandates for vaccinations to access certain venues, shopping, & restaurants. 

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

3 hours ago, nightbird said:

As far as i know being vaccinated to travel is not compulosory ( although i think it may be coming ).

Each country will have different policies for entry, again i suspect soon that vaccinated people will be able to by-pass any quarantine requirements in most places.

How long it takes to get results is very relevant if making a long flight with a transit stop - also domestic travel in Thailand now more limited. I just got back to UK a couple of days ago, and because of all these reasons was actually nearly  73 hours between test and take off from last transit airport, but i got away with it.

4 hours ago, rickudon said:

How long it takes to get results is very relevant if making a long flight with a transit stop - also domestic travel in Thailand now more limited. I just got back to UK a couple of days ago, and because of all these reasons was actually nearly  73 hours between test and take off from last transit airport, but i got away with it.

Depending on the time of your flight you can get away with more as the rules allow 3 days, so testing early on a Tuesday, for example, qualifies for a flight late on a Friday as despite being > 72 hours it's still only 3 days when counted in days.

Edited by treetops

On 7/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

As far as i know being vaccinated to travel is not compulosory ( although i think it may be coming ).

Each country will have different policies for entry, again i suspect soon that vaccinated people will be able to by-pass any quarantine requirements in most places.

I doubt that. The efficacy rates are much lower for vaccinated people against the Delta variant than the governments/Big Pharma are telling you. Israel has reported that half of all the infected patients that are in the hospitals were vaccinated already. Just look at the spike in the UK and Spain. I'm not planning on traveling any time soon, but I do expect the collaboration of gov't/Pharma to push for mandating vaccinations which should simply be illegal and will be fought. Trusting the vaccines to keep you safe is not advised at this time. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nightbird said:

I doubt that. 

The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

There are multiple lab studies that suggest the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine works against the delta variant. And similar to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, Moderna is also testing whether a third dose is beneficial.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-how-well-covid-19-vaccines-work-against-the-delta-variant#Vaccines-vs.-delta-variant

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

There are multiple lab studies that suggest the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine works against the delta variant. And similar to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, Moderna is also testing whether a third dose is beneficial.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-how-well-covid-19-vaccines-work-against-the-delta-variant#Vaccines-vs.-delta-variant

My only response to Big Pharma's PR policy is don't believe everything you read. They twist the numbers and exaggerate everything the public wants to hear.  You can't expect a true picture of the efficacy of these vax from what the manufacturer is putting out. When you have 50% of the infected patients in Israeli hospitals that were vaccinated and still got infected, this paints a real-life picture of the realilty. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nightbird said:

My only response to Big Pharma's PR policy is don't believe everything you read. They twist the numbers and exaggerate everything the public wants to hear.  You can't expect a true picture of the efficacy of these vax from what the manufacturer is putting out. When you have 50% of the infected patients in Israeli hospitals that were vaccinated and still got infected, this paints a real-life picture of the realilty. 

How does that help the OP find a place to get a test?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nightbird said:

Israel used Pfizer and those infected suffering more severe symptoms are most likely obese and or smokers.

Edited by AwwYesNice1
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/16/2021 at 6:58 AM, AwwYesNice1 said:

Did you get the HIV + Covid Package test there?

Seems like a classy place all around.

LOL that is funny. 

Actually it's pretty cool that pharmacist does that for struggling people in that area. 2,000B for an antigen swab and 1,500B for the serology antibody is pretty cool, not the cartel prices.

But they want you to already HAVE the rtPCR test before going in - so you wait outside and scratch on the door I guess.