Cops play Supermen and rescue female’s Broken-Down Pickup Truck

ASEAN NOW News

One citizen shares police encounter that proves that there really are good cops are still out there.

Chic Francisco says that last week, Feb.26, she encountered policemen who still live by the code “To Serve and Protect.”

According to the Lifestyle Inquirer one citizen shares such an anecdote via Instagram after her car failed while on Manila’s busy streets.

As Francisco was navigating her way through regular errands, she found herself in an unfortunate situation when her vehicle’s gear mechanism failed.

Stuck and without a solution in sight, suddenly, her luck turned around.

Picture1.jpg.a27ca0f1c0cc26650f97738bb382623b.jpg

Out of sheer coincidence, a Philippine National Police truck passed by. She quickly asked for help from the three uniformed officers in it.

The policemen then helped push my nine-year-old pickup truck, when it malfunctioned and stalled on San Andres Street 30 feet away from the corner of Mabini Street.

They promptly offered their services until she needed it and was able to ask for further assistance.

Photo courtesy of Chic Francisco

After helping her out, Mrs. Francisco offered these policemen a thank you in the form of PHP500.

The policemen declined and insisted that they were only doing their job.

She was relieved but still not satisfied and called the Malate police station the next day to get the names of the officers who helped her out.

Corporal Fortaleza who answered the phone proved to be my fourth angel in police uniform.

He promised to help me identify them if I send him via Viber some the pictures my helper took.

Her three angels were PSSG Michael Cordova, PCPL Judah Elog and Patrolman Christopher Barongan from MPD Station 5, Jorge Bocobo Police Community Precinct.

I am now convinced that not all policemen are bad cops, some of them will prove to be our angels in time of need or trouble.

Picture2.jpg.14f38601e849b2cff21c388912b918c7.jpg

Photo courtesy of Chic Francisco