Verification to access ASEAN NOW?

dinsdale

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 4:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

I have not had it happen to me.

It could be your IP address that causes it.

I have it almost every time happening to me unfortunately.

It is possible that someone on your internet server provider, who shares the same IP address, has been posting spam and got the IP address blacklisted.

A guy in the Philippines had someone from South America request to rent his clean IP address for sending out spam emails. There is money to be made on doing it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

It is possible that someone on your internet server provider, who shares the same IP address, has been posting spam and got the IP address blacklisted.

A guy in the Philippines had someone from South America request to rent his clean IP address for sending out spam emails. There is money to be made on doing it.

I didn't provide my ip address to somebody else as i'm on a company network.

I suspect that is the reason i'm getting the verification request.

3 minutes ago, merijn said:

I didn't provide my ip address to somebody else as i'm on a company network.

I suspect that is the reason i'm getting the verification request.

Did anyone else use this IP address in the past, since the internet x.x.x.x address system was used? The same IP address could have been assigned elsewhere, say 20 years ago.

You can search to find internet sites where you can check if your IP address is on a blacklist.

Another possibility is that a hacker infiltrated your system and used the IP address for sending spam some time in the past.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, merijn said:

I'm not using any add blocker ....

It's got nothing to do with your IP address being blocked. I get exactly what you get when using kiwi or Vivaldi browsers but with chrome or opera on the same IP it works correctly. 

I use opera, only for AN, and you can block at least some ads if you desire.

Edited by gargamon

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Your ad blockers are being caught. Turn them off or use a different browser. 

The ads going nuts lately, and often crash my browser. Still annoying when playing music or listening radio and the pop ups force my music or radio app to stop. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, mania said:

This browser check is getting really annoying now

If this forum needs this then perhaps its just too much trouble to visit anymore

You folks really need to get it together

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty logging in. ASEAN NOW and many other websites in the world are protected by Cloudflare. Cloudflare provides security against many threats, including Distributed Denial Of Service attacks.

For some reason or other Cloudflare thinks your IP address needs verification. It could be that the IP range you are using was previously unknowingly used as part of a DDOS attack, or that you are using a proxy server, or that your locale or region of the world is a location where abuse is or has previously been prevalent, etc.

There is no way of knowing the exact rules Cloudflare uses to define IP addresses that require verification by Captcha. I am sorry that this is frustrating your user experience, however this is not something I have the ability to change for you.

12 hours ago, blackcab said:

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty logging in. ASEAN NOW and many other websites in the world are protected by Cloudflare. Cloudflare provides security against many threats, including Distributed Denial Of Service attacks.

For some reason or other Cloudflare thinks your IP address needs verification. It could be that the IP range you are using was previously unknowingly used as part of a DDOS attack, or that you are using a proxy server, or that your locale or region of the world is a location where abuse is or has previously been prevalent, etc.

There is no way of knowing the exact rules Cloudflare uses to define IP addresses that require verification by Captcha. I am sorry that this is frustrating your user experience, however this is not something I have the ability to change for you.

Well that is news to me & as a Sys Admin I have not seen such nonsense

during my time on the web & I assure you I am on often & visit hundreds of sites

This is the only site with such continuous nonsense

Of course Cloudflare is used on many sites but this one is wound way too tight for some reason

As for a region of the world that is a location where abuse is or has previously been prevalent, etc.

Well you have just described Thailand haven't you? When I was there I note many US sites do not allow Thai IP's at all period.

I myself am now in the USA with no proxy used or needed

But if in fact as you say you do not have the ability to look into this silly fault then I guess we will either suffer thru this ignorance or do as previously mentioned

Chok Dee

Thanks anyway

Edited by mania