White coat syndrome

IvorBiggun2

I've had WCS for many a year. Every time I go near a dentist or doctors my BP goes through the roof. Tuther day I went for my Covid jab. My BP was 204/111. Obviously I was told to go away and calm down. Come back in 15 minutes. Went back no real difference. Then sent away again 'come back in another 15 minutes'.  I went back but still no real difference.

Then I was sent to see a doctor who gave me a tablet but never told me what it was. Told to take it before having the vaccine shot. Done that and after a period of waiting time had my BP checked again. It was now a little over 150 so I didn't have to go lie down. 

My question is 'what was the tablet'? And should I take it on a regular basis, even though when I'm at home my BP is around 140/68? No problem. I'm 68 and exercise a lot If that helps.

The exact thing happened to my wife when she was at hospital last week,

and she does not have blood pressure, she was also given a tablet, she

was 2 nd in the queue, but were there for 3 hours waiting for it to come

down....

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Could be a Lorazepam.... sold under the brand names Ativan and Lorazepam Macure among others, is a benzodiazepine medication. It is used to treat anxiety disorders, trouble sleeping, severe agitation, active seizures including status epilepticus, alcohol withdrawal, and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting...

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'm 68 and exercise a lot If that helps.

No it doesn't so quit the exercise! 

Maybe if it is a nice female doctor, ask her to take her white coat off.     LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No way to know what this tablet was. Could have been an anti-hypertensive, could have been a tranquilizer.

I had no feeling of being tranquilized and was not warned of side effects. I drove home and had two beers. Everything normal. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2