What does note on 90-day report receipt mean

I mailed my report to CW. On the receipt, which I just received in the return envelope, was a stapled note, "Next time, please send the original appointment."

Anyone know what this refers to? I did include a copy of my previous 90-day receipt. This was by mail so I did not make an appointment of any kind.

15 minutes ago, david_je said:

I mailed my report to CW. On the receipt, which I just received in the return envelope, was a stapled note, "Next time, please send the original appointment."

Anyone know what this refers to? I did include a copy of my previous 90-day receipt. This was by mail so I did not make an appointment of any kind.

They want you to send the original 'receipt of 90 day/next appointment date' slip. You make a copy of that slip and keep it, and send the original along with the other required docs in the envelope you mail to them.

Lets see if I get the same thing when they send my new 90 day receipt to me as well.  I did the same thing, kept the original 90 day and sent a copy of it with all of the other required paperwork.  This was the first time by mail and I just went by what others had indicated they had also done.  Sounds like they want the original 90 day receipt back.  Hopefully they are not to upset when they get mine.  By the way how long from the time you mailed it in did you get it back @david_je

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration website states this. "3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)"

If a copy is allowed it states it here on their website. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

I see that now, so my mistake and hope they do not reject my mailed in 90 day report now.  I kept the original just in case I was asked for my passport as the 90 day and my TM6 are stapled inside of it.  The last time I was asked over two years ago in Nonthaburi for the passport and my 90 day I only had a copy of it inside as I did not want to loose it and was told I could be fined 500 baht for not having the original 90 day at all times.  Ergo why I sent a copy.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets see if I get the same thing when they send my new 90 day receipt to me as well.  I did the same thing, kept the original 90 day and sent a copy of it with all of the other required paperwork.  This was the first time by mail and I just went by what others had indicated they had also done.  Sounds like they want the original 90 day receipt back.  Hopefully they are not to upset when they get mine.  By the way how long from the time you mailed it in did you get it back @david_je

I EMS'd it June 12 and received return EMS yesterday. I interpreted instructions as a copy, and kept the original for same reason as you did. but I did notice that when I did annual O-A extension recently, they took that old original out of my passport and kept it. 

Since my mailing was okay, and they obviously have these notes prepared, I assume you'd be okay as well.

Wonder why they want original back. When you (are able to) to it online, they don't get the original back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david_je said:

I EMS'd it June 12 and received return EMS yesterday. I interpreted instructions as a copy, and kept the original for same reason as you did. but I did notice that when I did annual O-A extension recently, they took that old original out of my passport and kept it. 

Since my mailing was okay, and they obviously have these notes prepared, I assume you'd be okay as well.

Wonder why they want original back. When you (are able to) to it online, they don't get the original back.

I take back my last sentence, when done online, there is no "original."

The first time i did this via mail to CW, I got a phone call - polite i must say - a day or two after receipt. She told me that next time i should send the original 90 day report that was expiring along with the other papers, and just make/keep a copy for my records.

so, that’s what i’ve done since then and never had issues.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 2:43 PM, ThailandRyan said:

If their useless online 90 day reporting system worked reliably and offered some intelligent responses when your online application fails you would not have any of these 90 day reporting mail-in issues.

You can only pray and live in hope that IM will one day get it right; or mayube easier just to drop the whole 90 day reporting circus!

Guess it's the old Thai chestnut; lots of paperwork, bureaucracy and confusion and it's a job for life.