Regulator bars firms from canceling COVID-19 insurance

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The OIC has instructed Syn Mun Kong to continue honoring the contracts already in existance, allowing existing customers to file claims according to their cover. While the company may consider discontinuing such offers to new customers if they wish, it may not terminate contracts held by existing ones.

I would think that was mandatory... if not, and they won't pay-out on the insurance send the bill to Prayut.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

Asymptomatic and mild covid cases should not be sent to hospital. Just isolated, its an unnecessary expense. 

We've always known that. This company deserves to lose its license and be delisted from the stock exchange.

It effectively announced that it's defaulting on any contracts - their word as an honourable insurance company (lol) is now worth nothing.

18 minutes ago, ukrules said:

We've always known that. This company deserves to lose its license and be delisted from the stock exchange.

It effectively announced that it's defaulting on any contracts - their word as an honourable insurance company (lol) is now worth nothing.

Disappointing.  They have served me well for the last 10 years with class 1 motor and I have recommended them but I doubt I will now

• Like 1