Compromised Bangkok Bank Be 1st Debit card

Seems at least there is some security now with Thai debit cards. I had a similar experience 10 years ago with a KTB debit card. This was a substantially larger amount, withdrawn in another country while i was in Thailand. (and way over the limit on the card.. how that could happen i never got a good explanation for)

Took me 7 years in court before i was finally reimbursed. Before that i also went through police reports, consumer protection agency, lawyers++. Bank simply refused any responsibility.

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Please explain what procedure others should follow if we become victims.
Do we need to file a police report? 

As I said previously, I called the bank and they required that I file a police report, though admitted the police wouldn't be interested and certainly wouldn't take any action.

As I also said, the police suggested that the bank insist on a police report with the expectation that many people wouldn't bother, I don't know if that's the case or it's because those who were trying to con the bank would be less inclined to file a report. 

24 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

As I said previously, I called the bank and they required that I file a police report, though admitted the police wouldn't be interested and certainly wouldn't take any action.

As I also said, the police suggested that the bank insist on a police report with the expectation that many people wouldn't bother, I don't know if that's the case or it's because those who were trying to con the bank would be less inclined to file a report. 

Yes, you did say that but was it necessary. 

K. I. S. 

I had an issue with Kasikorn, I filled out a report with customer service, after a few weeks my money was fully refunded. No police report. 

On 7/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 7/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, thonglorjimmy said:

Expand  

Yes, you did say that but was it necessary. 

K. I. S. 

I had an issue with Kasikorn, I filled out a report with customer service, after a few weeks my money was fully refunded. No police report

I reckon your bank has given you the wrong information. 

Its always a good idea to go into your branch personally, these telephone helpline people are useless. 

• 2 weeks later...