Jail terms await those selling Antigen Test Kits online, warn RTP

webfact

2 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

Here's one of my favorite.  Many Traditional Thai Medicines are being touted as working to alleviate Covid.
But sell a Traditional Thai Medicine online and claim it alleviates Covid and go directly to prison. 

So only certain, special people and institutions can give out TTM for Covid and everyone else is a fake and fraud and needs to go to jail.

How does that work in reality?  Same way it works for cannabis.

Certain people are protected and others are not?  This country really does suck sometimes.  All about money and wealth and power.

So unfair.

Most corrupt government everything to rule Siam.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'll check it out.  

There are pharmacist in Thailand buying in bulk from Alibaba.  

Oxygen tanks is what I want.  Dying from lack of Oxygen sounds something out of a nightmare.

Lazada is selling for about 10k an oxygen concentrator from Haier. It can get to 90/95% pure oxygen, depending on how high the flow rate is. Some cheaper models are 5k up but I'd say it would be hard to find HEPA filters for them as they are noname products. I'd say a concentrator would be a better idea than oxygen tank, as it can run continuously and concentrates O2 from the air. Once tank is empty, it's empty, but this can run all the time.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

It seems like another monopoly for overpriced Covid tests is in the making. In other countries the governments were happy that people took the initiative to import these tests and selling them to all who needed them. 

Why you have to go to jail for the same here?

Military government.

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Lazada is selling for about 10k an oxygen concentrator from Haier. It can get to 90/95% pure oxygen, depending on how high the flow rate is. Some cheaper models are 5k up but I'd say it would be hard to find HEPA filters for them as they are noname products. I'd say a concentrator would be a better idea than oxygen tank, as it can run continuously and concentrates O2 from the air. Once tank is empty, it's empty, but this can run all the time.

So no chance of getting it refilled then?

10k one time use only?

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

10k one time use only?

I expect filling stations for med grade oxygen would become hard to find along with the shortage of tanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

10k one time use only?

No, it is a machine that takes oxygen from the air, which is filtered and then sends it through the mask to breathe. Other than removing water when tank is full and changing HEPA filter once in 6-12 months I didn't see anything more to be changed.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/haier-oxygen-concentrator-ha105-7-1-i1942500751-s9062359816.html

There are others, Haier is just a known brand I recognise. The ones for 6k baht are noname brands. Omron is Chinese version and not sure it's real or not, so I didn't post it.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

10k one time use only?

I can't get my tank refilled locally, or at the local hospital even before covid. I have  acquired an oxygen concentrator hospital grade made by *Oxy Life* I would say worth a lot more than 20k THB. It does not collect water, the water acts like a filter (think Bong) , and can be changed with drinking water, the air filters can be cleaned by washing in water, easily every 100 hrs. I rarely need it anymore but am selfishly hanging onto it.

IMG_1467.JPG.dccedce7b7764db141bbbf0de83f3b32.JPG 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I rarely need it anymore but am selfishly hanging onto it.

Nothing selfish with taking care of yourself... 

But I could name two others who fit the term perfectly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I agree!

In the USA that's what they give elderly patients.  Easy to use and transport around the house.

I'll definitely take a look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

No, it is a machine that takes oxygen from the air, which is filtered and then sends it through the mask to breathe. Other than removing water when tank is full and changing HEPA filter once in 6-12 months I didn't see anything more to be changed.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/haier-oxygen-concentrator-ha105-7-1-i1942500751-s9062359816.html

There are others, Haier is just a known brand I recognise. The ones for 6k baht are noname brands. Omron is Chinese version and not sure it's real or not, so I didn't post it.

Complete information about oxygen-concentrators from the WHO. General for all models, covers use, specs, flow rates, etc. Does not discuss covid.

Seems that air filters can be user cleaned and are not part of the O2 concentration process. They remove dust and bacteria.  There are two special sieve bed modules that perform concentration. Lifetime seems to be between 18 months and a few years. More than enough for one pandemic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiaxMyX9fDxAhWhGKYKHYEGBFgQFjALegQIFhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.who.int%2Firis%2Frest%2Fbitstreams%2F887042%2Fretrieve&usg=AOvVaw3EdM4cKmLNcCwhsUFNVWl2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Whale said:

This country dives deeper and deeper into protectionism every day. Why can't we but ANY product online for home delivery, its 2021 for GS!

Much cheaper also.

The government has there greedy little fingers in all aspects of life.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, ourmanflint said:

In what way? 

Probably rejected and send back. A Thai friend of mine who works for a Singapore company in Bkk told me, 20 Abbott test kits FedEx from Singapore was rejected and sent back to Singapore, it was intended for the 18 staff working there. 

• Like 1