Jail terms await those selling Antigen Test Kits online, warn RTP

webfact

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen has warned people not to sell Covid-19 antigen test kits online. 

They can only be sold by medical facilities or pharmacies.

This is because they need to come with an official recommendation on how to use them.

Really? I thought it was because it is easier to have a hand in the game that way. But, who am I? I can be wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

The trade and profits of the scammers of the Government has to be protected.. If it cost them money throw everyone in jail. In Europe these test kits are free and almost everywhere available

Free for end users, but they still cost money to produce. Someone has to pay for them, usually tax payers.

Different motives behind limiting availability (and I'd bet you have to leave your details when you buy one and get a follow up call - how was the result? Oh yeah? Photo to prove it, please!)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Would it be OK to send lateral flow tests from UK to family in Thailand do you think. They are free here

My daughter gets them for free she was wanting to send me some, no cannot

It seems like another monopoly for overpriced Covid tests is in the making. In other countries the governments were happy that people took the initiative to import these tests and selling them to all who needed them. 

Why you have to go to jail for the same here?

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This is because they need to come with an official recommendation on how to use them. 

So how come whenever I get a half dozen bags of meds from a hospital pharmacy here there are no instructions on howto use them? Contraindications, etc.

Haven't they heard of Google?

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

tests lol, the fastest growing online business in the west is phony vax certificates which imo should warrant a mandatory prison sentence..

Not in uk. You have to download the NHS link. Put your details in DOB etc. Then it links to your vaccination with a 2D Barcode which lasts 30 days.

No phony vax certificates here.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This is because they need to come with an official recommendation on how to use them

Do they not come with the manufacturers instructions?

Or is this just Big brother again?

Edited by hotchilli

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

My daughter gets them for free she was wanting to send me some, no cannot

I was thinking of sending some to the gf in bkk but had the same thoughts that maybe will be siezed by customs 

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Would it be OK to send lateral flow tests from UK to family in Thailand do you think. They are free here

My last batch sent by German seller on eBay got confiscated by Thai Customs. Apparently not allowed to import.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Really? I thought it was because it is easier to have a hand in the game that way. But, who am I? I can be wrong.

Whatever they can do pillage the Thai populace.

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

They are distributing exact same ones as the government pharmacies are offering. They come with A4 instructions sheet in English and Thai, a pictorial that is very easy to follow. So if what Shopee sellers are selling is substandard and ineffective, so is the stuff government is offering.

Shoppee has a money back guarantee though.

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Shoppee has a money back guarantee though.

Noticed that at the bottom. I rarely use Shopee... Now probably first time in 2-3 years.

I ordered tests before police started making fuss over offering them online. It was supposed to be pre-order to ship 2 weeks later but actually shipped immediately. Received them last week. Sealed, looking good. Expire in 2023. Looks like they were bulk packed, and then resold individually. Come with copied piece of instruction paper. The brand of the test is SD Biosensor.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Noticed that at the bottom. I rarely use Shopee... Now probably first time in 2-3 years.

I ordered tests before police started making fuss over offering them online. It was supposed to be pre-order to ship 2 weeks later but actually shipped immediately. Received them last week. Sealed, looking good. Expire in 2023. Looks like they were bulk packed, and then resold individually. Come with copied piece of instruction paper. The brand of the test is SD Biosensor.

I'll check it out.  

There are pharmacist in Thailand buying in bulk from Alibaba.  

Oxygen tanks is what I want.  Dying from lack of Oxygen sounds something out of a nightmare.