New order confirms boat tours for Phuket Sandbox tourists

webfact

1626687148_1-org.jpg

Tourists at Chalong Pier ready for a boat cruise off Phuket. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials have issued a special order to confirm that Phuket Sandbox tourists may leave the island on “sealed” boat tours to nearby islands while still observing their mandatory 14-day stay on the island.

The order was issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday. The order was posted online at 10:28pm last night.

“Sandbox tourists who are still observing their mandatory 14-day stay in Phuket can travel around Phuket to other islands by leaving with a tour boat at these three piers: Ao Por, Rassada, and Chalong,” the order noted.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-order-confirms-boat-tours-for-phuket-sandbox-tourists-80738.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-20

I don't know about these tours to neighboring Islands, but masks are not required when engaging in permitted sporting or athletic activities (on land or at sea), e.g., fishing and scuba diving ????

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

9 hours ago, grandpa said:

And many of them are not wearing masks!  Seems one law for Phuket and another for the rest of a suffering Thailand!  Disgraceful!

One law for Phuket mafia I think you mean

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Excel said:

One law for Phuket mafia I think you mean

For that whole reason is the sandbox program setup, to see if with increased security measurements a save travel bubble could be established.

And the measurements will only be increased if required to keep the sandbox program alive.

I'm happy with that as that gives many people a way back home during those circumstances.

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:37 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

I bet those tours are not the dry, no alcohol allowed tours.

Just saying

Geezer

Most of them that I know of dont allow alcohol to many problems in the past