Chonburi Governor releases new provincial orders for change to maximum control/dark red zone

webfact

tpn1.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Chonburi-The Chonburi Governor released through their public relations accounts tonight, July 19th, 2021, new orders around closures, measures, and restrictions as the province becomes a “Dark Red” zone.

First, get caught up on the general dark red zone rules by reading this here.

Now that you have refreshed your memory on the overall dark red zone rules, let’s get into the specifics of the Chonburi order released around 11:00 P.M. tonight. These are effective from tomorrow, July 20th, 2021 until further notice:

-Leaving your home without permission (such as work like law enforcement or medical) or a medical emergency between 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. is prohibited. Law enforcement will be out looking for people violating this rule, high fines, and possible jail time for those who break this rule. (curfew)

-During all other hours one should refrain from leaving home except for essentials such as work that cannot be done from home, food, medicine, doctor appointments, pharmacy visits, items needed for life, etc. This is not a hard ban like overnight, but one should limit leaving their home if at all possible.

-One may be required to show the Thai Chana application at checkpoints, which will be throughout the province and especially around interprovincial borders.

-If one needs to travel, especially from province to province, they should have documentation showing the trip is urgent and needed (like a vaccination appointment, or embassy appointment confirmation.)

-Checkpoints, as stated, will be placed throughout the province, especially to stop the transportation of migrant workers without permission and to discourage travel. Travel is not banned, per se, but must be done for essentials only.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/19/chonburi-governor-releases-new-provincial-orders-for-change-to-maximum-control-dark-red-zone/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

As l sit at my computer today, catching up on the news, if l look out my door, every few seconds either a car or helmetless motor bike rider goes past. Its 8-50am. Where are all these people going???? Certainly not obeying the spirit of the Governors rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

There are options to adapt to these restrictions. You can work out without gyms.

There are always options to workout without a gym. But if you are not allowed to go outside for a run or so then its a bit harder. Sure there are body weight exercises one can do or get some trx bands and do other exercise. 

Its possible just a bit harder. 

3 minutes ago, Khun Yogi said:

As l sit at my computer today, catching up on the news, if l look out my door, every few seconds either a car or helmetless motor bike rider goes past. Its 8-50am. Where are all these people going???? Certainly not obeying the spirit of the Governors rules.

And certainly keeping open the Central Mall is not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

There are always options to workout without a gym. But if you are not allowed to go outside for a run or so then its a bit harder. Sure there are body weight exercises one can do or get some trx bands and do other exercise. 

Its possible just a bit harder. 

I bought a heavy bag envelope for 900B . Internet how to stuff properly. The last time I was at gym some guy was sweating and yelling all over the place. This was a good investment anyway

IMG20210720090929.jpg

Edited by morrobay

Just now, morrobay said:

I bought a heavy bag envelope for 900B . Internet how to stuff properly. The last time I was at gym some guy was sweating and yelling all over the place. This was a good investment anyway

IMG20210720091003.jpg

Nice bag.. How did you secure it to a ceiling. That is my main concern. I have thought about a punching bag too for some cardio. But securing it to a ceiling would be a bit of a problem. You also have those that have a stand but i doubt that is good enough.

I am lucky to have a good home gym so im ok exercise wise. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nice bag.. How did you secure it to a ceiling. That is my main concern. I have thought about a punching bag too for some cardio. But securing it to a ceiling would be a bit of a problem. You also have those that have a stand but i doubt that is good enough.

I am lucky to have a good home gym so im ok exercise wise. 

IMG20210720092216.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

There are options to adapt to these restrictions. You can work out without gyms.

Gyms should definitely be shut. People sweating everywhere, exhaling heavily, touching equipment in a small enclosed space etc. Much riskier than sitting quietly in a socially distanced restaurant.

Of course the irresponsible gym bunny "roid ragers" will want to keep doing their gym sessions while calling for every other business to be shut down, but these people are just incredibly selfish and want to shut everything down that they don't happen to enjoy while keeping their own pastimes unaffected.

22 minutes ago, morrobay said:

IMG20210720090929.jpg

Nice. I bought a similar item which I have in the back garden of our place in Korat. I have a metal strut going between 2 trees and it hangs from that strut. The trees provide nice shade as well. Unfortunately that doesn't do me much good while stuck in Bangkok.

I'm sure it won't be long before all the "but what about me (specifically) because my case is different" and the "but I'm special and I shouldn't have to follow "their" rules" posts start filling the thread.

I remember the first lock downs and they did the job. As a result, Thailand went 8 months without a single case being detected (and yes, they were testing people despite what some here seem to think). And you can see what is happening now and maybe clue in that Thailand wasn't having some "mass infection" event last year that the gov't was covering up.
(Yes, there are people on this forum who think the whole country was infected last year and the gov't was hiding it by not testing people. No matter that the hospitals weren't overwhelmed with sick patients, no matter that the morgues weren't overflowing with dead people, no matter that the temples weren't running cremation ceremonies 24/7. Despite all the evidence that there was no mass infection, they still tried to push the idea that there was one and it was being covered up.)
You can see what is happening now as the number of infections climb. This is what would have been happening last year had there been a "mass infection".

But some people will believe any kind of BS that fits their agenda regardless of the truth. Just look at the US for example.

2 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

And without masks or helmets. 

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Gyms should definitely be shut. People sweating everywhere, exhaling heavily, touching equipment in a small enclosed space etc. Much riskier than sitting quietly in a socially distanced restaurant.

And usually, when the guys work in couples, they hold hands as they move around the gym.

42 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

And without masks or helmets. 

Most of the helmetless riders I see do wear masks.

It seems they think there's a better chance they'll catch covid as they blat around on their scooters than ending up in an accident. :crazy:

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And usually, when the guys work in couples, they hold hands as they move around the gym.

Actually, men holding hands is a common thing - in non-Christian countries at least - and it has nothing to do with a person's sexual preference.

I'll admit, the first time a guy grabbed my hand and held it, I was uncomfortable. (He was an Afghani Army guard at the airport in Kabul. I was looking for a certain office in the building and he grabbed my hand and walked me over to it.) I noticed over the years that men in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and many Middle Eastern countries often hold hands.

Because they haven't been brainwashed by Christian dogma into thinking that it means they are gay. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I'm sure it won't be long before all the "but what about me (specifically) because my case is different" and the "but I'm special and I shouldn't have to follow "their" rules" posts start filling the thread.

I remember the first lock downs and they did the job. As a result, Thailand went 8 months without a single case being detected (and yes, they were testing people despite what some here seem to think). And you can see what is happening now and maybe clue in that Thailand wasn't having some "mass infection" event last year that the gov't was covering up.
(Yes, there are people on this forum who think the whole country was infected last year and the gov't was hiding it by not testing people. No matter that the hospitals weren't overwhelmed with sick patients, no matter that the morgues weren't overflowing with dead people, no matter that the temples weren't running cremation ceremonies 24/7. Despite all the evidence that there was no mass infection, they still tried to push the idea that there was one and it was being covered up.)
You can see what is happening now as the number of infections climb. This is what would have been happening last year had there been a "mass infection".

But some people will believe any kind of BS that fits their agenda regardless of the truth. Just look at the US for example.

There was no lockdown last year. Nothing specific did the job! There was a curfew. There was an alcohol ban. There were border closures.

9 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Actually, men holding hands is a common thing - in non-Christian countries at least - and it has nothing to do with a person's sexual preference.

I'll admit, the first time a guy grabbed my hand and held it, I was uncomfortable. (He was an Afghani Army guard at the airport in Kabul. I was looking for a certain office in the building and he grabbed my hand and walked me over to it.) I noticed over the years that men in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and many Middle Eastern countries often hold hands.

Because they haven't been brainwashed by Christian dogma into thinking that it means they are gay. 

No they have been brainwashed by Islamic dogma into believing homosexuality is a sin punishable in life and the afterlife. Stoning to death is the punishment.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Just to back you up, same thing happened to me in India at a festival in Kottayam. I became a temple sponsor (to get reserved seat for dance performance), had extra seat so offered to guy I'd met. Same sort of initial discomfort.