Are Lockdowns worth the cost ?

Kevin Taylor

I don´t think people are allowed to talk about this subject. You need to have faith in Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, your governments and the Thai government, and don´t use your brain.

Now go watch more netflix.

Edited by EdrigoSalvadore
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

how do you define done properly? maybe in a village with 10 people it might work, but in a city with millions, no way, unless you start shooting people who gets out

A proper lockdown is no one in or out.  Arresting or shooting people is a staple of law enforcement all over the planet.   Might not be fun and temporarily difficult for those locked down, but it's for the greater good.   

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Heng said:

A proper lockdown is no one in or out.  Arresting or shooting people is a staple of law enforcement all over the planet.   Might not be fun and temporarily difficult for those locked down, but it's for the greater good.   

Wouldn't work in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heng said:

it's unacceptable, that's the problem. Shooting people if they don't respect the lockdowns, that's a path that is never for the greater good. That's an illusion and textbook case for total abuses.

Hence why they don't work and can't work, and frankly you don't want them to work if it means killing people to implement them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Wouldn't work in Thailand.

Agree on a country wide level.   Still, the people who are mostly likely to get through all of this are those who aren't going out much, who have initiated personal lockdowns.      

6 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

it's unacceptable, that's the problem. Shooting people if they don't respect the lockdowns, that's a path that is never for the greater good. That's an illusion and textbook case for total abuses.

Hence why they don't work and can't work, and frankly you don't want them to work if it means killing people to implement them

It doesn't have to be acceptable to you or anyone as long as the problem gets solved.  If folks know what the punishment is AND the implementation isn't abused, it's still for the greater good.  The 'punishable by death' thing is a bit overdramatic anyway.  There are plenty of possible 'steps up' in law enforcement that could be applied.   I'm not saying I would personally want these inhumane things to happen, I'm saying that say 'shooting people at the border' would lower the number of illegal border crossings (whether it's at the Myanmar-Thai border, US-Mexican border, or east and West Berlin) and slow down the spread of disease, narco trafficking, human trafficking, or whatever we were debating academically.   

I like rules, I love living in places where the fines for littering are high and it's illegal to throw things away in the wrong color bag, at the wrong time, etc.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1