Talks to alleviate traffic at Heroines Monument underway

snoop1130

1626772474_1-org.jpg

Heroines Monument. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Authorities in Phuket today (July 20) confirmed that talks are underway in regards to easing the traffic flow at the Heroines Monument in Thalang.

The discussion took place at a meeting presided over by Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong at Royal Phuket City hotel yesterday.

Talks centred around the need for the heavy traffic flow that passes by the Monument on a daily basis to be addressed. A potential construction project involving a revised intersection was confirmed as being raised.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/talks-to-alleviate-traffic-at-heroines-monument-underway-80752.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-20

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Teaching the locals not stop on the island and give way to the left would be a good start!

Spot on. Majority of drivers here seem to just head straight onto a roundabout forcing those already on the roundabout to stop. Education, education, education but I have my doubts that'll ever happen.

Looking at the photograph it would probably help if otorists followed the (Thai official) rules of the road whereby motorists give way to traffic coming from their right i.e. traffic already on the roundabout