Why can't TMN cable Pattaya show CNN or MSNBC, has FOX News?

ronjomtien

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

is he the one who was moderator for Trump interview.... yeah, I think so, pass, next?  Tucker Carlson, nahhh pass, Hannity? nahhh same same, pass.... I pass on anything owned/runned by Keith Rupert Murdoch, ..... but that's me

Chris Wallace is respectable.

Shepard Smith was incredibly good but obviously not a match for the Fox agenda, so he's gone.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:00 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

Most likely it's because TMN is the cheapest of the cheap cable options so the selection of channels is picked from the dregs at the very bottom of the barrel.

Hence Faux News.

BBC, ABC and Aljazeera, all fake?

On 7/23/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jingthing said:

Fox is biased RIGHT.

CNN is biased LEFT.

MSNBC is somewhat to the LEFT of CNN.

OAN is falling off the edge of the earth to the RIGHT of Fox.

My subjective feeling overall is that CNN by far the BEST source of news of that list. Saying that acknowledging their bias and flaws. It's all relative. That doesn't mean that people should reply only on CNN of course.

The right wingers call CNN Fake News simply because they call anything including strongly verified FACTS as Fake News if they find it unpleasant and conflicting with their agenda. 

Fox features some particularly insidious and dangerous "stars" including the incredibly notorious (beloved by white supremacists) Tucker Carlson  and Sean Hannity.

Absolutely right. I cna't stand the TMN cable, has three Russian stains including that idiotic Belarus and charges me 1000 baht per month for 50mb wifi.

23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The BBC is a paragon of balance and integrity, with proper unbiased journalists and reporters. Also very, very dull.

News is news, not entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:48 PM, bbko said:

I live in Pattaya and have TMN as my cable tv provider, but TBH with all the available apps for my smart tv I almost never watch cable TV. Plenty of other ways to watch whatever American news outlet you prefer. 

But it cracks me up at the folks here using the OP's question to take digs at "the other side".  

Don't become unglued when you realize you are "using the OP's question to take digs at "the other side". " Does my sarcasm make you angry?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

Just get AI robots, same as dull people and no health insurance.

Perhaps news readers dressed as clowns or court jesters. If you want entertainment watch Fox, CNN etc.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, i84teen said:

Most likely no one wants them since they (CNN & MSNBC) are both garbage, fake news full of lies and they refuse to report ANYTHING that exposes the truth AND the massive left wing dem corruption ongoing in America.

Do you seriously believe TMN cable gives a hoot about the balance of news channels coming out of the States. They are all garbage. TMN doesn't want to pay the copyright fees as stated in post#1. No great loss. Watch some proper British news channels instead without the opinion.

11 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

I always thought the reason TMN chose to broadcast Fox news was simple. Their adhering to the main target group. Old white retired guys.

Don't they have mostly Thai channels?

Sophon also have Fox News, have done for years. Other English language news channels have come and gone, like the BBC. I am betting Fox remains as it is readily available, and cheap or free. I stopped watching it when they sacked Bill O'Reilly.

5 hours ago, jwdub12 said:

I always thought the reason TMN chose to broadcast Fox news was simple. Their adhering to the main target group. Old white retired guys.

I think it's because they get a dozen Fox sports ad movie channels and this gets thrown in. I hope they're not fascists.

18 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Do you seriously believe TMN cable gives a hoot about the balance of news channels coming out of the States. They are all garbage. TMN doesn't want to pay the copyright fees as stated in post#1. No great loss. Watch some proper British news channels instead without the opinion.

What do I care about English news with your shady bobble headed PM and those whacked out titled people who think they are superior to the rest of us.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

You are totally mislead.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't they have mostly Thai channels?

Sophon also have Fox News, have done for years. Other English language news channels have come and gone, like the BBC. I am betting Fox remains as it is readily available, and cheap or free. I stopped watching it when they sacked Bill O'Reilly.

TMN has plenty of decent news channels including BBC, ABC and Aljazeera, it also has quite a few English movie channels.

24 minutes ago, giddyup said:

TMN has plenty of decent news channels including BBC, ABC and Aljazeera, it also has quite a few English movie channels.

Yeah we get Sky News now on Sophon, and Fox, ABC, Al Jazeera, there are 3 English movie channels and plenty other English channels, but I only watch the news... and the odd  movie.  Good pic on digital.