Passenger Locator Form. Travel to U.K.

IGCKorat

Can anyone who has applied for a PLF to allow entry into the UK recently,  please answer this question:

After making an on-line application,  how long did it take to receive the reply with the required QR code?

Also,  is it necessary to print this,  or is having the information on 'phone / tablet acceptable? 

Many thanks.

You dont really  "apply" for a PLF. you just fill it in on;ine. It has to be done no more than 48 hours before and you need to have booked your PCR test(s) in the UK already as one of the questions is the booking code for these .At the end, upon completion, it will give you the option to download/print/save etc, there was no waiting for a reply.

The UK side accepts the information on a phone but some airlines want a paper copy as they check the info at check-in. They also required a copy of the receipt for UK PCR booking

This was with Thai Airways

Edited by sidgy

I did one a couple of weeks ago and after submission I received an email with the Locator Form pdf attached.  I can't remember exactly how long it took to receive the email, but looking at the time of the email it could only have been an hour or so, two hours maximum.

Edited by treetops

3 hours ago, sidgy said:

You dont really  "apply" for a PLF. you just fill it in on;ine. It has to be done no more than 48 hours before and you need to have booked your PCR test(s) in the UK already as one of the questions is the booking code for these .At the end, upon completion, it will give you the option to download/print/save etc, there was no waiting for a reply.

The UK side accepts the information on a phone but some airlines want a paper copy as they check the info at check-in. They also required a copy of the receipt for UK PCR booking

This was with Thai Airways

The only thing i was asked for a check in was proof of payment for the 2 home test kits for the 10 day isolation ( for Scotland ).

And the negative RT-PCR test.