Parking at Bang Sue station for vaccination - Where?

Saw this.

The Bang Sue police say to use the underground parking lot.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/motorbike-taxis-allegedly-hiking-up-fares-at-bangkoks-bang-sue-station

And this

https://uaenews.ekumkum.com/open-underground-parking-for-1600-cars-vaccination-service-bang-sue-central-station/

Maybe there will be additional detail in the confirmation email or SMS? The registration form asked for both.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas Lyall said:

Yes, ideed! I went along at 8.30 this morning. Was directed to gates 2 to 4 (for foreigners over 60).

Each gate had crowds just like this. Maybe 7,000 - 8,000 people waiting in line, and I was to only farang in site! 

Decided that I had a far greater chance of contracting the virus than of getting the vaccine, so returned home. 

you chose wisely .....  honestly, if that's what it's going to be at the vaccination center I would opt for paying at a hospital. 

So I registered Wednesday, received an SMS at 11pm Saturday night for a 5pm appointment today Sunday at Bangsue. 

Parking was very confusing and wasn't easy. 

So you drive along the front of the station (station on your left), lots of people parking on both sides of the road.

Passing Gate 1 you'll drive along the front of the  building passing Gates 2, 3 & 4 then as it appears that you are driving away from the station you'll see signs directing you to turn left towards and under the station. Parking there wasn't too bad. 

We arrived 4pm, finished vaccination by 5.15pm and almost all the parking in the car park and on the road had gone by then.

Getting to and particularly away from Bangsue by expressway is easy.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, mtls2005 said:

Not sure I'd go, unless I knew I could get a real vaccine?

When my wife got vaccinated there it was only Astrazeneca.

Also there is a parking area just past the station building.

8 minutes ago, metisdead said:

I sent the registration form off this morning, still have not received an SMS confirmation. 

All of us who have previously gone through the process found the SMS is sent en masse at just about 11 pm the night before your time slot. You'll get a email first. 

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, mtls2005 said:

Following up, looks like a mad-house today for the first day of 60+ or 100+ Kg

Not sure I'd go, unless I knew I could get a real vaccine?

E635gZeVoAcmWO5.jpg

E635gZfVkAUGLsf.jpg

E635gZeVoAQY-hH.jpg

E635gZcVcAEJj8B.jpg

No violation of the Covid-19 mandatory social distancing rules here! I wonder if the police will be using CCTV to identify these law breakers 555

Utterly outrageous... 

The Police are arresting people who have more than 5 visitors to their house or who are having a few beers after 9pm... 

Meanwhile a massive mass-spread event is dis-organised to ensure people congregate in extremely crowded conditions to receive the first dose of a vaccine which has a reported efficacy of 50% after two doses. 

The vaccines also need approximately 2 weeks to work. This is pretty much a guarantee that anyone exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus will present with symptoms within the next week and the vaccine they have taken is pretty much ineffective in that time frame. 

Those planning this hideous ‘mass gathering’ are surely criminally negligent.

This can be carried out far more effectively by distributing the vaccines to regional hospitals, clinics and even using Vans to park up in front of Temples etc... to vaccinate people while at the same time reassuring the people that the will be present all month to ensure no over crowding - any step such as this is better than one concentrated effort with concentrated crowds. 

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Utterly outrageous... 

The Police are arresting people who have more than 5 visitors to their house or who are having a few beers after 9pm... 

Meanwhile a massive mass-spread event is dis-organised to ensure people congregate in extremely crowded conditions to receive the first dose of a vaccine which has a reported efficacy of 50% after two doses. 

The vaccines also need approximately 2 weeks to work. This is pretty much a guarantee that anyone exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus will present with symptoms within the next week and the vaccine they have taken is pretty much ineffective in that time frame. 

This can be carried out far more effectively by distributing the vaccines to regional hospitals, clinics and even using Vans to park up in front of Temples etc... to vaccinate people while at the same time reassuring the people that the will be present all month to ensure no over crowding - any step such as this is better than one concentrated effort with concentrated crowds. 

Don't go.......it's optional.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

When my wife got vaccinated there it was only Astrazeneca.

Also there is a parking area just past the station building.

It was AZ yesterday and will be for 2nd jab in early Oct. Big AZ signs every where inside the building

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Utterly outrageous... 

Unlike the horrific crowd scenes midweek (shown above), there were no similar scenes yesterday, far less people and reasonably organised.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So I registered Wednesday, received an SMS at 11pm Saturday night for a 5pm appointment today Sunday at Bangsue. 

Parking was very confusing and wasn't easy. 

So you drive along the front of the station (station on your left), lots of people parking on both sides of the road.

Passing Gate 1 you'll drive along the front of the  building passing Gates 2, 3 & 4 then as it appears that you are driving away from the station you'll see signs directing you to turn left towards and under the station. Parking there wasn't too bad. 

We arrived 4pm, finished vaccination by 5.15pm and almost all the parking in the car park and on the road had gone by then.

Getting to and particularly away from Bangsue by expressway is easy.

I can confirm this information is correct. Went yesterday (Sunday). The underground car park is on the left after you drive past the main entrances (gates 1, 2, 3 and 4) of the station.

33 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Apparently someone from Pattaya went yesterday ( Sunday ) with 3 others in the car got there and told to about turn & go home, not for Pattaya residents ????????

How would they know? if its for +60’s - all you’d need to do is prove your age with a passport, no ?

I got the jab on Sunday afternoon at 1600, exactly as scheduled almost to the second.  I left my home at about 1300 as I had no idea about parking.  Not much traffic until in the vicinity of Bang Sue Station and then there was lots.  Torrential downpours at times did not help.  It took about 45 minutes to make the last kilometer to the station.  Had zero idea about parking.  There was a large piece of construction equipment parked along the street just prior to the station.  As I was pulling even a taxi left the curb right in front of me.  Parking solved.  The three large portable restrooms 50 meters ahead were a welcome sight...haha....  I just walked toward the entrance(s) and I had such an obvious deer in the headlights aura that an officer took me in hand and led me all the way through the throng to the right place.  After that it was line up, rather like basic training, move this way, stand here.......  It all went pretty quickly and seemed very well organized to me considering the masses they had to deal with.  Leaving home three hours before my appointment turned out to be a good move.  Turns out there was plenty of parking further along the front of the station on the left past the entrances.  From the time I saw the registration site, registered and got the shot was only 36 hours.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How would they know? if its for +60’s - all you’d need to do is prove your age with a passport, no ?

No, you need some proof apparently that you live in one of the designated zones, Chonburi isn't one of them..............yet

Oh, I also forgot, 60+ still need to make an appointment, hope that helps.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info