Pattaya: Two young Thai men made 9 million baht in three months from online gambling site

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Acting on a tip and after a month long investigation Thailand's cyber tech cops, provincial police from Chonburi and local Bang Lamung officers armed with a search warrant went to a house in the View Point estate in Moo 12 Nong Prue, Pattaya.

There at 8pm last night they arrested two 29 year old Thai men called Itthiphol and Natthaphol. 

They were running an online betting site called UFA Special. 

Seized were 8.5 million baht in cash, 34 baht weight in gold jewelry and five red plate (brand new) vehicles.

There was a Ford pick-up, a white Mercedes Benz and an Alphard Van plus two motorcycles, reported Daily News

They rented the house for 65,000 baht a month.

Itthiphol said from the site and his own betting exploits they had made 8-9 million baht in 2-3 months. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-22

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Sheesh, 8.5 mil in cash laying around the house.

Which means they actually had to go to a bank (banks) and withdraw all that money over the course of the 3 months so they could have in the house (as the online gambling revenue would have gone into a bank/paypal account).

Not to mention how much they spent on the vehicles, gold, the house and everything else. 

I'm sure someone at the bank (banks) noticed the unusual amount of deposits and the size of the withdrawals and tipped the cops off.

Funny, last year I attended an event in Prachinburi. As you entered the event site, a guy had staked out a little area and was getting people to join his FB page and click "like" (which he happily did for you in about 20 seconds) and then he gave you a very nice thermos mug for free. (My friends who also got a mug use them almost daily wherever we go. They are actually quite good. I've left mine outside at night when I was camping, half full with soda and ice and woke up in the morning to find it still had ice floating in it.)

There's a QR code and Line ID printed on the mug - UFA HD 168. (A gambling site apparently.) 

Got me wondering if it's the same guy/guys.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Wow.....in less than 3 months.....That's quite a take. 

Only problem is that they didn't have as someone said cloud or a fake VPN, and move around, add to that they probably had one account as opposed to several bank accounts to withdraw from to make it less obvious.

One has to know when to get out, one thing I learnt early in life was to always allow the tap to drip, as I watched those doing the same around me leaving the taps open fully, they were all collected one by one and hit front page of the newspapers while I kept going on filling my buckets at a much slower pace then them, I also knew when to turn the dripping tap off and when to turn it back on, that said, I made about 10% of what these guys made over a 5 year period back in 1980 to 1985, enough to pay my unit off back in the day, at the same time I don't believe the technology was like it is today, plus I had a good job with loads of overtime, was working 13 out of 14 days a fortnight and could show anyone that I could afford to pay the unit off from my savings if asked, the cash, I stashed and used on other things, also sold the unit when I paid it off for just over double what I paid for it, ah....those were the days.

Like I said, always allow the tap to drip.

Two young Thai men made 9 million baht in three months

And why more will follow and try and not make the same mistake, an arrest of this sort is just a job opening for other entrepreneurial types.

It's kind of puzzling why they keep doing this kind of setup inside Thailand when they could easily set it up in a place that allows online gambling and then promote it remotely and nobody would care or do anything.

Maybe a domain name gets blocked every now and again but of course they would have many different entry points.

Weird that this keeps happening again and again.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Seized were 8.5 million baht in cash, 34 baht weight in gold jewelry and five red plate (brand new) vehicles.

There was a Ford pick-up, a white Mercedes Benz and an Alphard Van plus two motorcycles, reported Daily News

They rented the house for 65,000 baht a month.

Itthiphol said from the site and his own betting exploits they had made 8-9 million baht in 2-3 months

Beats working a shift at 7-11

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Only problem is that they didn't have as someone said cloud or a fake VPN, and move around, add to that they probably had one account as opposed to several bank accounts to withdraw from to make it less obvious.

Help me here, isn’t even just one bank account one too many if you run something illegal? The bank requires your ID/passport etc. to open so it’s easy for law enforcement to get you. No drug dealer would give a customer his bank account to transfer him the money. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Wow.....in less than 3 months.....That's quite a take. 

Im wondering what their Investment was. Making that much revenues in that short amount of time they must have invested fortunes in online marketing to get people to visit their site. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

Help me here, isn’t even just one bank account one too many if you run something illegal? The bank requires your ID/passport etc. to open so it’s easy for law enforcement to get you.

It depends on what you define as illegal, putting your hand in the pie and making extra cash from other sources that are also not taxed.

If it were me doing what they were doing, I wouldn't stay at the same address for more than a month at a time, probably stay at a nice hotel, be low key, not drive flashy car/s, and have as many accounts as I could.

It's ok to have as many accounts as you want with as many banks as you want, nothing illegal about that, suffice to say I wouldn't be making huge withdrawals as well, i.e. unless I was moving every month, would also be good to have other accounts in other people's names with you controlling the deposits/withdrawals and paying them for their time, them not knowing your full details.

I have 5 different accounts in two countries and it works for me, but then again, I'm not doing anything illegal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Are these people for real? 555

Personally I think it's hilarious because if it happened to a foreigner in Thailand, the Thai nationals would all be laughing~~~ 

Did not work out the multiple post on another topic.

Edited by GreasyFingers
I stuffed up

On 7/22/2021 at 5:12 AM, 4MyEgo said:

If it were me doing what they were doing, I wouldn't stay at the same address for more than a month at a time, probably stay at a nice hotel, be low key, not drive flashy car/s, and have as many accounts as I could.

Their Lambos were probably parked at one of the other places they operate out of...

They figured they were safe with just a Ford, a van, and a Merc out front.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1