Extension of stay Retirement - seasoning of money

Living in Chaiyaphum, by the way we probably have one of the very best immigration-officies around,, At least when reading here, it feels like that. They are correct behaving towards me, and not too "dirty" at all..

I was down there last week applying for an extension of stay 1 year, based on retirement. I am swedish so I have the option of just presenting an income-letter to cover the 800K OR doing a so called "Combo"..... Whatever is suitable for me..

I did this that day, presented my incomeletter covering about 700K, and a confirmation from the bank of that days account-saldo (combo),,,,, All good, it has been all good the last years at least.... This time the IO demanded from me, that the money should be seasoned for 2 months.... 

I tried to argue to some extend with him, saying that with a combo there is no seasoning.... After some talk between us, he told me in low voice, that they had a change of new boss, and that "he" demanded to rule out the rules in the police-order.

I just wanted to publish this if there is any other people living here in Chaiyaphum that runs into the very same dilemma. I do also reserv me if I am completely wrong here, and that the seasoning-thing have changed for the "Combo-alternative" due to reason of Covid-19 or something like that....

So is the seasoning NOT valid for the combo? Or is it? Anybody knows for sure.... UB????

glegolo 

The rules were changed in March of 2019. Since then the money in the bank part for the combination option has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply and then for 3 months after and then at least half of it for the remainder of the year (dependent upon the office where it is done).

Edit: This form clause 2.22 of the order.

image.png.002d816f3ef24e789f24f147a006b42d.png

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules were changed in March of 2019. Since then the money in the bank part for the combination option has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply and then for 3 months after and then at least half of it for the remainder of the year (dependent upon the office where it is done).

Edit: This form clause 2.22 of the order.

image.png.002d816f3ef24e789f24f147a006b42d.png

OK here we go, they were correct then. Another day in life when I learn something new.

Thank you UbonJoe for your information, good job...

glegolo