Getting a new Bangkok Bank Debit Card

I just got a new card as mine also expired. You cant order a card and pick it up as you have to be there in person with your passport and bank book at any Bangkok bank branch in the city that you opened it in.

Edited by nightfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got new card to replace a expired one recently was 400b and brought Passport/Bank book to my local branch I opened the account. 

Change condos once a year so been using a post box at Siam Secure for permanent address.  Also when I'm away get a email notification and can mail forward it when needed. 

Edited by SnowyWiez
add bank book

On 7/22/2021 at 5:30 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks, that's what i was thinking. When i do get back, i won't have the same address and i won't have a permanent address either to have the new card sent to. Is it possible to order a card and pick-up in branch? 

Yes. If you show up with your passport and your bankbook. 

21 minutes ago, heybuz said:

what happens if you have lost your bankbook have a new passport and live 10 hrs drive from original bank.55555,thats me

I'm pretty sure you'll need a police report for the lost bank book AND drive to your original branch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heybuz said:

what happens if you have lost your bankbook have a new passport and live 10 hrs drive from original bank.55555,thats me

If you have internet banking I would open a new account near where you are and transfer all the money from the original account. If you leave nothing in it they should soon close it as cannot take any fees......

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks, that's what i was thinking. When i do get back, i won't have the same address and i won't have a permanent address either to have the new card sent to. Is it possible to order a card and pick-up in branch? 

Normally, from my experience, you can replace an expired ATM card with a new card instantly on the spot in Bangkok Bank, just you have your expired ATM card, your passport (must be same number as registered by the bank), and your bank book (which in Bangkok Bank might include your registered passport number). If you have changed passport, you might need to register your new passport before having a new ATM card...????

16 hours ago, topt said:

If you have internet banking I would open a new account near where you are and transfer all the money from the original account. If you leave nothing in it they should soon close it as cannot take any fees......

I'm hoping to do something similar through my Thai mate,he is the nephew if an ex PM and was an advisor to minister of intererior,as I don't live in Thailand anymore just visit hoping to use his address as I stay their when in BKK.