AstraZeneca and Pfizer to be used as booster doses for Thai medics – DDC

snoop1130

000_97N2AC.jpg

Photos by GABRIEL BOUYS and Ronny Hartmann / AFP

The AstraZeneca vaccine will be used as a third, booster dose for medical personnel before the arrival of the Pfizer vaccine, after which both will be used, according to Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) today (Friday).

The move comes due to the urgent need to protect medics, as many are still being found infected with COVID-19, despite having been given two doses of Sinovac. Recent medical findings point to the inability of the Sinovac vaccine, a whole virus type, to protect people from the newly dominant Delta variant, which is spreading rapidly in many parts of the world.

Thailand has received over 9.2 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, as of last week, mostly locally produced by Siam Bioscience, with about one million doses donated by the Japanese government.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/astrazeneca-and-pfizer-to-be-used-as-booster-doses-for-thai-medics-ddc/

Logo-top-.png

Well instead of the second AZ vaccine just give me the Pfizer vaccine and I will be happy.  I now it's but a pipe dream and of course the next issue would be  "Will it be enough to satisfy a travel vaccination card having two different vaccines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has received over 9.2 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, as of last week, mostly locally produced by Siam Bioscience, with about one million doses donated by the Japanese government.

8.2 million in 6 weeks made locally ? How far behind are they with the original schedule now ? 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well instead of the second AZ vaccine just give me the Pfizer vaccine and I will be happy.  I now it's but a pipe dream and of course the next issue would be  "Will it be enough to satisfy a travel vaccination card having two different vaccines.

Ryan, you're not a hospital worker. An AZ dose following Sinovac while waiting for mRNA is a GREAT plan (of very few)! The rest of us will just have to have some patience.

Just now, unblocktheplanet said:

Ryan, you're not a hospital worker. An AZ dose following Sinovac while waiting for mRNA is a GREAT plan (of very few)! The rest of us will just have to have some patience.

Of course you are right. Patience unfortunately is not part of my A type personality unfortunately.  Git er done.....

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

8.2 million in 6 weeks made locally ? How far behind are they with the original schedule now ? 

This is actually the very first time locally-produced AZ is mentioned. Perhaps Siam BS has gotten it's act together. Don't make promises you can't keep!

• Thanks 1

So, these Thai medics have 2 shots of Sinovac or AZ, will get another booster shot of either and then will get shots of Pfizer, for a total of 5 shots, or 2.5 vaccines worth.

Prayut...you're gonna need a bigger order...