Body of man who fell at Sarasin Bridge after entry denial found

Jonathan Fairfield

1627112058_1-org.jpeg

Photo: Tha Chatchai Police

PHUKET: The body of a man who slipped and fell into the water under the Sarasin bridge after he was denied entry to the island was found in Mai Khao this morning (July 24).

Sutep Sae Man, 42, was originally from Chiang Mai but had been working in Phuket as a tour guide. He had been denied entry to the island last Thursday (July 22) and fell into the water under the bridge shortly afterwards.

His body was discovered early this morning by local fisherman Cherd Suphap, 60, who explained that while he was fixing his crab net in his shack near the shore in Moo 5, Mai Khao, he saw something like a ball floating in the sea.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-man-who-fell-at-sarasin-bridge-after-entry-denial-found-80807.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-25

• Sad 6

So sad someone who as it seems was trying to get back to his family by any means, and lost his life in the process. There is a very moving story on Wikipedia about a couple in love jumping bound together from this bridge, her family disapproved as he was poor. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The body of a man who slipped and fell into the water under the Sarasin bridge after he was denied entry to the island was found in Mai Khao this morning

Am I reading this correctly?

Seems like he jumped in rather than 'slipped'.  What's missing here?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Am I reading this correctly?

Seems like he jumped in rather than 'slipped'.  What's missing here?

Possibly he was trying to get onto the island by climbing along under the eastern half of the bridge.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Denim said:

Possibly he was trying to get onto the island by climbing along under the eastern half of the bridge.

Never been to Phucket... difficult to visualize a scene... takes one who knows... I kinda half imagined that... but didn't anyone see him, or try to stop and help him?

How did they know he fell? Can't remember reading a first eye account here... getting old I guess...