Funds raised in just 24 hours to distribute 200 Free Meals a day to the homeless and unemployed in Pattaya for two weeks

ASEAN NOW News

I do not believe we cannot begin to understand the deprivation so many around the world are experiencing due to COVID19 and the risk of transmission. 

Good work people on a very local elvel.

• Like 1

Its a very noble cause. 

What i dont understand is that the police (=government) will hand this out. It would be nice if the receivers would know that farang feed them. 

Might be minor in this situation but still.

Edit: its complete <deleted> nonsense that the police is distributing this, since when is charity coordinated by the police?

Maybe its an idea if the rich Thai donate to a poverty fund, and the richest one of them all can easily pay 10 bilion €£$ in it without even missing it.

Edited by MayBeNow
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

Edit: its complete <deleted> nonsense that the police is distributing this, since when is charity coordinated by the police?

It's likely a misunderstanding/translation issue. The BiB have been involved for the past year in food relief (to ensure proper precautions are taking place). A friend has been helping organise/hand out food since the beginning and she has had police involvement since two or three months from when she started. The rules where brought in during the first lock downs from memory due to lack of social distancing etc. in queues. 

• Like 2

Friends of mine in a couple local motorcycle clubs have been collecting donations, cooking food and handing out meals on a weekly basis for awhile now.
They did one handout (2 weeks ago ?) in front of the McDonalds on Beach Rd (beside the Royal Garden mall).

You know the one. Some of you were there (I'm sure) as it seems more than a couple old white guys that availed themselves of a free meal as well (despite not a balloon to be seen anywhere) !

They did another handout on Jomtien Beach last week and I think one on Thepprasit Rd as well before that.

Yesterday I stopped by the restaurant where they are collection donations and dropped off enough to make 20+ meals (rice, fish, eggs, Ramen soup packages and some other things). 

I don't think they announce when/where they are doing the handouts, or they are part of a network that sets up places/times. I usually find out where they are going to be around the same time they are loading the meals onto the vehicles to take them (wherever). 
No reporters/news crews around when they do it (that I've seen at least). But that's not why they are doing it either.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cadan said:

Great work. Happy to see the unwanted farangs getting together and helping the poor with their partners and wifes. Thailand is in freefall for at least another 3 months. Very sad. 

My Mrs, recently back from the village market was complaining that the number of open stalls is reducing, and the prices of food (mainly vegetables) is going up quite a lot. In an environment where people are unble to work, or limited severely in how long, poor people are being put in a vice. We have all seen how the chicken processing factories are infested with Covid... more pressure on the food supply chain..... 

Very, very worrying.

My friends are out at it again today !

They loaded up the vehicles this morning and are out (somewhere) distributing the meals this afternoon. (I asked when/where but the message got lost in all the other traffic in the group.)

S__16990999.jpg.ff25c817cf3f1e52b465ce57a8ba4335.jpg

• Like 2