Can I get a 60 days Covid visa 1 day after the current one expires? 

I think so.  A few months ago, I went to CW for 60 days COVID extension.   The queue lady at the counter looked at the wrong page of my passport and asked me if I've overstayed and if I'm also looking to apply for visa extension.

Here is a quote I've just found from thaiembassy.com:

"If you are overstaying in Thailand by a few days but still have several days before you plan to leave Thailand, your best advice is to head to the nearest Thai immigration office and explain your situation and pay the appropriate fines. You may find that you are allowed to apply for a visa extension which will cover the remaining days of your stay."

Link: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/visa-overstay-thailand

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sig said:

I got my 60-day COVID extension a few days ago. There was a sign posted there that said these extensions will be given until 27 September. So, it looks like you have plenty of time.

Covid extensions can be applied for until 27th September, but you must still apply within your current ext expiry date.

Maybe suggest you go today if possible 27th, or Thursday very early morning..

16 hours ago, Sig said:

I got my 60-day COVID extension a few days ago. There was a sign posted there that said these extensions will be given until 27 September. So, it looks like you have plenty of time.

What reason did you use on your form for getting the extension, did you say no flights?

Talking to a visa agent yesterday who said the covid sixty days is an extension of your current visa.

Im my case with a years retirement extension about to expire  which i dont want to immediately extend for a year, i can do a sixty days extension based on covid without the the O visa actually expiring.

I would then still be able to apply for a full years extension after the sixty days are up if my plans change without applying from scratch for a new non O etc and having the expense associated with that.

Is this scenario correct? if so it allows me the flexibility to help with my indecision.

Thanks.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, BritTim said:

I believe the extra holiday on the 27th has been cancelled due to Covid, and Chiang Mai immigration will be open Tuesday. This was announced in late June. That aside, if your current permission to stay expires on a day immigration is closed, you can apply for an extension on the first subsequent day that immigration is open, and generally the extension should be granted without penalty.

Thank you SO MUCH ???? saved a lot of worrying ???? and most probably 500 THB. 

I owe you many drinks! 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:13 PM, pixelaoffy said:

What is a covid visa ?

A 60-day extension of stay necessary because of the inability to leave Thailand due to the Covid-19 situation.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:08 AM, hotchilli said:

Covid extensions can be applied for until 27th September, but you must still apply within your current ext expiry date.

Maybe suggest you go today if possible 27th, or Thursday very early morning..

Not sure why you would recommend going nearly 2 months early...?

On 7/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, lanng khao said:

What reason did you use on your form for getting the extension, did you say no flights?

You don't even really need a reason.
I don't remember now exactly what it said on the form, but on the form that has 4 boxes to check for the various reasons why you are applying for the extension. The bottom box is for "Other", but don't bother with it. I wrote my reason there and checked that box, but it wasn't good enough for them. They still wanted one of the other boxes checked anyway! hahaha It is hilarious. Why on earth have an "Other" category, if an "other" reason isn't sufficient? Anyway... if you read the text with the first box, it will seem like it doesn't apply and you'll probably stop reading that line, BUT if you read it all the way to the end where it says something like - OR any other reason under the sun. Well... not really, but that's essentially what it equates to because if I remember, it says something to the effect of - OR if the COVID situation for wherever you are going isn't resolved yet. So, that pretty much covers everybody, everywhere.
In the end, they don't really care.
If I get another extension, I'll just check that first box and they'll be happy.

Can I get a  "covid extension" due to so many banks closed?  I need to renew my Non O/family visa and need the bank letter,  but most of the banks are either closed or huge waiting lines.