Pool Closures

gk10012001

Swimming in a pool on a hot day is one of the things I enjoy immensely.  I can live with the beaches being closed for now, since I would not swim in the sea while in Pattaya anyway.  So I am wondering if there are some private villas that have a pool which presumably can be used?  Anybody know of some small house maybe or some other type of housing that has a private pool I could rent?  I literally was ready to start the COE, ASQ, Insurance, Visa process etc..  I can stand the quarantine.  I can stand the curfew as I would make sure I rent a bigger place than a small 500 baht a night bare bones hotel room.  But closing a pool is the straw that breaks the camel's back.  So as a plan zeta, (well past plan Beta now), I am wondering about a private pool.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

you always can built a pool your own, regardless if the house has a pool.

you can dig a pool or just build a pool standing in the garden.

beside the exercises you will feel happy when finished.

missing a pool?  you should be happy that you are sill in good health.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

As you can imagine, it's not really going to be received as a sensible idea. Anyone who who has a private pool and maintains it, will be using it themselves right now and not subjecting themselves to risk for a few baht.

So if, as you say, you aren't going to rent a barebones room, then rent a pool villa. It's seems that you want someone to give you the keys to the villa, but just to trust you to use the pool. It's not going to happen. Just as unlikely that they would choose to share their pool.

Your likely only chance is to rent the whole property or have some actual friends in the know.

Example: https://www.fazwaz.com/projects/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya/nong-prue/majestic-residence-pratumnak

I am sure that you can find many more.

You might get a deal. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op asked about ‘private villas’.... a perfectly reasonable request... jumped on my couple of posters tripping over-themselves to dribble out some sanctimonious horse-S#ite....

OP: You are not allowed to chose a quarantine hotel you find comfortable... according to bkk6060 and natway09 you have to find a quarantine hotel you do not like because other people are catching covid !!!  (yes, that was sarcasm)

OP: IF you are going to do ASQ anyway, look at the Phuket SandBox option, the Pool Villa’s etc there are a lot cheaper than the ASQ options in Bangkok and Pattaya, and you can also get out and about for a bite to eat etc.... 

Actually not quite...the OP asked about the pool in private villas. I think he hopes to rent the pool but not the villa.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op asked about ‘private villas’.... a perfectly reasonable request... jumped on my couple of posters tripping over-themselves to dribble out some sanctimonious horse-S#ite....

OP: You are not allowed to chose a quarantine hotel you find comfortable... according to bkk6060 and natway09 you have to find a quarantine hotel you do not like because other people are catching covid !!!  (yes, that was sarcasm)

OP: IF you are going to do ASQ anyway, look at the Phuket SandBox option, the Pool Villa’s etc there are a lot cheaper than the ASQ options in Bangkok and Pattaya, and you can also get out and about for a bite to eat etc.... 

If he does the sandbox in Phuket all the pools are open at the hotels and if he prefers a villa there are some registered places, 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If he does the sandbox in Phuket all the pools are open at the hotels and if he prefers a villa there are some registered places, 

I don't think think he is referring to Phuket. He clearly referred to Pattaya. So even if he goes via the Sandbox it is clear that he does not intend to stay there.

The beaches in Pattaya are closed now too?  Lol.  That's rich.

TAT: 
Farang Tourist Fools - Come to Covid Thailand where everything is closed but the malls and everything is expensive like London. 

Well heck.  Then I can just go to Abu Dhabi if I want to pay for overpriced hotels, food, and have all enjoyable activities banned.  I'd save on airfare.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

At 4000 THB a night?  <laughs>

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Have a look around the 20baht shops. They have plenty of inflatable pools and that way if you move house you can take your pool with you.

Just increase your lap count to 1000.

external-content.duckduckgo_com.thumb.jpeg.90e64447dd8c20b0b5391ded524a99f9.jpeg

In the meanwhile I've taken up HIIT on a stationary bike and walking out in the country where there are no mask police.  I'd like to take my granddaughter to our local water park but I don't make up the paranoid rules.  Maybe about the time they figure that they'll have to relax the rules or kiss Chiang Mai tourism good-bye for good - maybe then I can take my girl and the two grandmas and have a nice splash. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Really?  Dying on the street in Bangkok from Covid sounds a lot worse.

Yes, we should all make sacrifices and offerings, mine will be wearing hessian underpants everyday until the numbers drop, good forbid anyone enjoying themselves at the moment.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

ASQ hotels in Bqngkok or Pattaya that offer use of the hotel pool for quarantining guests are rarer than hens teeth, even if Thailand wasn't in the grips of a covid wave that pool use option wasn't available.

You would need to either find an ASQ Pool Villa which offers you a private pool experience or you can utilize the Phuket Sandbox or Koh Samui's equivalent system. Further more if you choose to ASQ in a hotel in Bangkok or Pattaya and you come from a designated red zone you don't even get to leave your room for the daily time limited walk, let alone use a pool or common use gym. You can hire some limited gym equipment, which is an additional charge in most ASQ instances. But it is only 2 weeks and then you are free.

Same issue here. I prefer hiking but as it is too hot in Thailand I went swimming three times a week which helped me to maintain my health.

The last two months no swimming and I can feel the difference.

Looking forward to my 40 minutes swimming activity three times a week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Have a look around the 20baht shops. They have plenty of inflatable pools and that way if you move house you can take your pool with you.

And the water?

16 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Actually not quite...the OP asked about the pool in private villas. I think he hopes to rent the pool but not the villa.

I had not thought of just renting the pool, I was thinking of the whole place. But you bring up a good point.  If somebody knows a friend can you go use their private pool?  Are even the Pattaya ASQ pools closed now, not just the regular non ASQ pools?

6 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I had not thought of just renting the pool, I was thinking of the whole place. But you bring up a good point.  If somebody knows a friend can you go use their private pool?  Are even the Pattaya ASQ pools closed now, not just the regular non ASQ pools?

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Of course no one can stop you from using your private pool. If a friend is happy to take the risk of your sharing their pool, that is up to them. But I would not do it. They won't know where you have been; so you could put them at risk.

Does sound best for you to rent your own place with a pool to save the stress and hassle if you can afford it.

Whether the bargains are there for pool properties, I don't know. It's a relatively high price to pay.