Hong Kong Package Deals

Hi

Looking to book a short break to HKG and I would like to do this with on-line booking, if possible, and book the trip as a package deal.

The best that I have found so far is with Expedia.com - large variety of hotels on offer and fly with Emirates. Another alternative is to fly to Macau with Air Asia and then take the ferry - inconvenient and possibly not that much cheaper.

Any suggestions? It seems that on-line booking agents are a bit thin on the ground here in LoS. Whoever I use would need to accept payment by a UK credit card and I know that not all agents will do this. Will Expedia.com accept billing addresses from outside the USA? Not clear from their website. Expedia.co.uk will only accept UK billing addresses, apparently. Not very useful for someone in LoS.

DM

Hi

Looking to book a short break to HKG and I would like to do this with on-line booking, if possible, and book the trip as a package deal.

The best that I have found so far is with Expedia.com - large variety of hotels on offer and fly with Emirates. Another alternative is to fly to Macau with Air Asia and then take the ferry - inconvenient and possibly not that much cheaper.

Any suggestions? It seems that on-line booking agents are a bit thin on the ground here in LoS. Whoever I use would need to accept payment by a UK credit card and I know that not all agents will do this. Will Expedia.com accept billing addresses from outside the USA? Not clear from their website. Expedia.co.uk will only accept UK billing addresses, apparently. Not very useful for someone in LoS.

DM

I've booked a number of HK packages directly with Cathay Pacific Holidays. You can't book online for a package, but you can call the office in BKK and do it that way. For online booking, including packages, best I've found is HK-based zuji.com

Hi

DM

2 months ago I was trying to book online a package to HKG. Cathay had only out of HKG and I could not find anything HKG into BKK.

Thai Airways had something but I had to call.

Ended up with newspapers where wife found an ad.

IMO, go for a good hotel Hong Kong island.

For 3 of us (2 adults + 3yr old baby), the package was 53,000B + 3% credit card payment surcharge, not online - we head to go to their office to pay.

That package included 1 night at Disneyland Hollywood hotel (we should have stayed there all 3 night now I know), Disneyland pass for 3, xfers, Thai departure tax (2100B for 3).

The flight was with Emirates. Identical package with Thai was 15K baht more. And Thai plane was leaving BKK 7:25am, which is inconvenient.

The only drawback about the Emirates is late return, just after midnight.

Cheap packages would leave u in hotels that are equivalent to 300B places in BKK, although a bit better maintained.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I've been beating my head against the wall for most of today trying to get something sorted out. The problem is that it's quite short notice. I would have taken a package with Expedia except that they could not provide an e-ticket and there isn't time to guarantee postal delivery of paper tickets.

I've also been having problems trying to get confirmed hotel reservations - a lot of agents seem to need 48 hours to confirm and booking with the hotel direct is often not the best option.

Anyway, a happy ending eventually (I think). I've booked flights direct with Emirates direct BKK to HKG (seems cheapest at present) and booked accommodation for 3 nights (confirmed) at the Salisbury YMCA, through agoda.com. Apparently the YMCA is a bit more up-market than you might expect and seems to get good reviews - and is located right on the Kowloon waterfront.

Total cost was a little over 25000THB so no complaints there.

Now just need good weather and deep pockets to cope with the wife's shopping extravaganza!

DM

Hello Mate,

I just got back from Hong Kong last week. I booked direct with Emirates at http://www.emirates.com/

and booked my hotel thru:

http://www.ratestogo.com

the cost for 2 people was flights at 13,700 and the hotel was about 2,500 per night. I was in the Majestic, just off Nathan Road. You can get cheaper.

Tip: Buy your Airport rail connection ticket from the customer service desk as you'll save 20 dollars.

Go up on the hill tram if the weather is good. We had a great time.

Angus