"Goodbye Cha-Am Beach" - netizens take aim at new steps installed at popular resort

webfact

If Lord Prayut's Covid restrictions continue, it will make not a jot of difference, because no one will allowed anywhere near.

On a more-serious note, this does look like an eyesore and a hazard for slipping or falling. I used to really enjoy taking the kids there to ride ponies. Maybe that's all over now.

• Like 1

Well you ve seen the pics of, i believe, Pattya. Sand washed away and also destroying beach.

With rising water levels it happens and it could take more land after the beach.

Agree its not nice to see and spoils the beach. However no one ever complained when they were building, or they built it in 1 day? Now it is finished and people complain?

May hope they made it good and tight, otherwise you have to restart again and then the project becomes like carrying water tot he sea. 

In the meantime you can use it as an exercise machine, up & down stairs 20 times to start with?!  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

What the hey?  I was planning on visiting Cha Am on my next trip.  What are they doing, trying to make something similar to Indian Ghats that go down to the water's edge?

Making arrangements for the hi-end big spending Indians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yeah, I live in Cha-am and had no idea where those steps even were..

I asked and apparently they are on the South part of town where it's always been ugly and where the bar soi is.

I always wonder why anyone even wanders that way, definitely not for the beach cause it's always been rubbish for the last 10 years at least

16 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Am wondering how to roll out ur towel?

Don't worry a new Thai invention will solve the problem.. ---

---

---

---   molded step towels 100 baht