Microlite Flying In Chiang Mai

Yesterday morning i took my 5 year old son for his first flying adventure as he loves anything to do with aviation.

He made me proud and really enjoyed it. Another friend and i went up also, it was the best 30-40 minutes i have spent in Chiang Mai. Well worth every cent. Highly recommend it. The guys who run the show are pro's and the machines are all in tip top condition.

I am in no way affiliated with this business in anyway whatsoever. Although i will be taking the 60 hour lesson deal when i get a chance..

http://www.skyadventures.info/

post-31110-1180239639_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1180239659_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1180239676_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1180239695_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austhaied

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fun, if slightly terrifying :o

I assume the pilots at the front and the passenger right behind him, next to the engine.

Is it very noisy?

Yes the pilot sits in the front, although he lets you have a fly if you want ,as the controls are within your reach as well..

As for the noise, you have ear muffs on with full communications with the pilot so that keeps things quiet. Only 1,000,000 baht a piece..anyone want to go halvies ?? :D

Took my wife there some years ago, she loved it. At that time they only operated "Flex-wing" for training, but if my memory serves me well, they did have and old "3-Axis" syndicated out.

For those of you living in or around Pattaya, there is a Farang (Tom from Scotland) operating from a strip there, same deal, he offers trial lessons or full training to license, and I know the level of his training will be very high, as I was also a member of the same training Authority back in England, it has a very high standard.

http://www.flythailand.com/

Wow! Nice pics.

1,000,000 baht for one eh? Thats pretty cheap considering how much they cost 'back home'!

We'd better get saving :o

But what I'd really like to know is if Gyrocopter lessons are available in Thailand! :D :D Ever since I watched Mad Max 2 I've wanted to get my hands on one of those!

For those of you who don't know what they are they are a single seater mini helicopter.

Anyone heard anything on them???

Bloody hel_l Aussie, that's magnificent. I might not make the weight though.

Haven't seen CrowBoy for while, never took him along and pushed him out did you?

Don't give me ideas about CB.. :D

110 kgs maximum weight, you should be right.. :o

JimsKnight's alter ego ---->

Edited by Austhaied

Haven't seen CrowBoy for while, never took him along and pushed him out did you?

err well, sceadugengas are fairly chunky beasts.

110 kgs maximum weight, you should be right.. :D

err well, sceadugengas are fairly chunky beasts.

Don't worry sceadoodle, these birds have all flown in microlites so you should be fine.. :o

LOL! Thats the one boys!

When I make my millions (sometime in the far off future!) That'll be me buzzballing above CM! :D

110 kgs maximum weight, you should be right.. :D

LOL! Thats the one boys!

When I make my millions (sometime in the far off future!) That'll be me buzzballing above CM! :D

No worries Jim you can rent my one for a very modest fee.. :o

Austhaied, that is farking awesome!

I am going to do a 30 minute as soon as I can.

I have always wanted to learn to fly, and this seems like a very reasonable and relatively inexpensive way to do so.

I will seriously consider the halvsies idea, too! :o

Austhaied, that is farking awesome!

I am going to do a 30 minute as soon as I can.

I have always wanted to learn to fly, and this seems like a very reasonable and relatively inexpensive way to do so.

I will seriously consider the halvsies idea, too! :o

Excellent. We can use Nimmenhymen Rd as our airstrip..

What Austhaied forgot to mention was that the one he was in, was always at the lowest altitude due to the weight it was carrying :o

Are you talking to me or chewing bricks ? Both ways your gonna lose your teeth..

(We're mates mods) so take a deep breath. :D

BTW GazCM, there goes your free flight when i get my wings.. :D :D :D

BTW GazCM, there goes your free flight when i get my wings.. :D:D:D

Or better yet, when we are flying in formation, we spot GazCM, peel off, come in low at tree top level, and give him the special bird greeting! :o

BTW GazCM, there goes your free flight when i get my wings.. :bah::bah::o

Or better yet, when we are flying in formation, we spot GazCM, peel off, come in low at tree top level, and give him the special bird greeting! :o

:D :D :D

Sounds like a plan McG. :D

Yesterday morning i took my 5 year old son for his first flying adventure as he loves anything to do with aviation.

He made me proud and really enjoyed it. Another friend and i went up also, it was the best 30-40 minutes i have spent in Chiang Mai. Well worth every cent. Highly recommend it. The guys who run the show are pro's and the machines are all in tip top condition.

I am in no way affiliated with this business in anyway whatsoever. Although i will be taking the 60 hour lesson deal when i get a chance..

Beautiful photos! Did you take these from the other microlite? Or are those from the wing mounted cameras?

My wife and I have been thinking about this for our upcoming trip to CM in October. I realize the weight limit.... do you think that a larger adult would find the amount of physical space in the seat very confining?? It looks rather small.

Thanks for the great photos and info.

Larry

Beautiful photos! Did you take these from the other microlite? Or are those from the wing mounted cameras?

My wife and I have been thinking about this for our upcoming trip to CM in October. I realize the weight limit.... do you think that a larger adult would find the amount of physical space in the seat very confining?? It looks rather small.

Thanks for the great photos and info.

Larry

Hi Larry.

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed them.

The photos were taken from a camera mounted on the wing tip.

I am a "larger" adult and i found it very comfortable, like i said it's 110kgs max limit.

Hi Larry.

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed them.

The photos were taken from a camera mounted on the wing tip.

I am a "larger" adult and i found it very comfortable, like i said it's 110kgs max limit.

Thank you very much for the response and information. We're really excited about our holiday in CM. Cheers.

Larry

Wow! Nice pics.

1,000,000 baht for one eh? Thats pretty cheap considering how much they cost 'back home'!

We'd better get saving :o

But what I'd really like to know is if Gyrocopter lessons are available in Thailand! :D :D Ever since I watched Mad Max 2 I've wanted to get my hands on one of those!

For those of you who don't know what they are they are a single seater mini helicopter.

Anyone heard anything on them???

Autogyros or gyrocopters are not difficult to make. I have never seen one here in Thailand but the kits are worth about US$1,000.

I have posted a link for you gyrocopter

This model is the basis for most "home made" versions and is time tested and true. There are a couple of commerical companies including one in Italy (Magni) which is a very sophisticated 2 seater.

Most people stick a VW motor in them because they are simple, cheap, and reliable (extremely important in an autogyro). Other option are the Subaru motor which is more expensive but has better power to weight ratio. In CM there is a Subaru dealer so spareparts and sevice is an option. Not sure if flying your autogyro to park in their front yard just on the superhighway would be a good idea though.

Personally I think Ultralights which fly like a wounded duck is a better/safer option than an autogyro which flies like an anvil when the motor stops.

CB

Personally I think Ultralights which fly like a wounded duck is a better/safer option than an autogyro which flies like an anvil when the motor stops.

Autogyros are okay. Just have to make sure you fly high enough - As a helicopter instructor used to say, "watch the ground, when the cheeks of your @rse clench, that is the time to pull like <deleted> on the collective and you will have a nice soft landing."