Has anyone experienced any change in applying visas at the Chaengwattana immigration due to Covid?

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You info is not correct. The earliest you can apply for a extension is 3 days before it expires.

This is from their website.

บก ตม1

Source and more info here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

It is walk in only unless you got an appointment before the site for them was taken down last month.

Is the ground floor having banks, copy services, 7/11, food court, etc. closed or limited access? Friends are driving me 1-2 hours to CW and will return me after my visa extension. Good place to wait for me.

@drronnie

At Chaeng Wattana Immigration you cannot apply for visa. You can apply for visa at Thai Embassy or Consulate and these are situated in many countries that are outside of Thailand

5 minutes ago, Khunangkaro said:

@drronnie

At Chaeng Wattana Immigration you cannot apply for visa. You can apply for visa at Thai Embassy or Consulate and these are situated in many countries that are outside of Thailand

Actually is is possible to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration if you qualify for one (retirement, working, teaching and etc).

But I think he incorrectly calling a extension of stay a visa like many other people do.

planning on going to CW for my extension instead of returning to our local - hoping to avoid being asked for a bribe again - wife called and got the item list they want (pretty much the same as our local) and did an updated/new TM30 for me online (as our condo is in her name). was wondering what she was talking about with the whole "3-days before" thing until I saw the notice UbonJoe posted. hope the day before will be acceptable as 3-days before is a sun.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

You info is not correct. The earliest you can apply for a extension is 3 days before it expires.

This is from their website.

บก ตม1

Source and more info here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

It is walk in only unless you got an appointment before the site for them was taken down last month.

Does anyone have recent experience on whether Immigration appointments made in June are being honored?  We scheduled appointments in mid-August and have email confirmation.  But now from some channels we're hearing that Immigration may no longer be honoring those appointments.  Does it depend on the IO you get, or is it there a blanket policy on this?

41 minutes ago, Misty said:

Does anyone have recent experience on whether Immigration appointments made in June are being honored?  We scheduled appointments in mid-August and have email confirmation.  But now from some channels we're hearing that Immigration may no longer be honoring those appointments.  Does it depend on the IO you get, or is it there a blanket policy on this?

There have been reports of them accepting existing appointments done online.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports of them accepting existing appointments done online.

Thanks, Ubonjoe.  It's confusing because we're getting conflicting information on this.  Already had our work permits extended by a year.  Have appointments that were made online in June for mid-August, but we're being told by some that these appointments are definitely cancelled, and that we should not go on the scheduled date. That means waiting until nearly the end of September - a very long gap between work permit and visa extension in which traveling abroad for vaccination is delayed.

There have been a couple of posters who like us have appointments scheduled for August. If anyone is still planning to go for your appointment, please let us know if the appointment is honored.

UbonJoe - switching from our province to BKK and so CW, we still need the married letter from the amphoe office where we got married (?) and how long is it good for at CW? Same day is nearly impossible, next day is 2 days too early (they told us 3 days before expiration) and it can't be obtained over the weekend.

Question is, can the letter be obtained on Friday the 13th and honored at CW on Monday the 16th or if we obtain the letter on the 12th will CW accept the paperwork 5 days early (the 13th) instead of 3? (extension expires on the 17th)

(obviously we have no appointment-they told us to just walk in)

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

UbonJoe - switching from our province to BKK and so CW, we still need the married letter from the amphoe office where we got married (?) and how long is it good for at CW? Same day is nearly impossible, next day is 2 days too early (they told us 3 days before expiration) and it can't be obtained over the weekend.

Question is, can the letter be obtained on Friday the 13th and honored at CW on Monday the 16th or if we obtain the letter on the 12th will CW accept the paperwork 5 days early (the 13th) instead of 3? (extension expires on the 17th)

I assume you are writing about getting a new printout of of you Kor Ror 2 marriage registry since that is what immigration wants to prove you are still married. The Kor Ror 2 printout can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet (Bangkok).

Some offices will accept a printout up to 30 days old and others a week or so.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are writing about getting a new printout of of you Kor Ror 2 marriage registry since that is what immigration wants to prove you are still married. The Kor Ror 2 printout can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet (Bangkok).

Some offices will accept a printout up to 30 days old and others a week or so.

Thank you Joe - as for the name, all I know is my wife takes our marriage certificate to the amphoe office every year on our way to immigration for this letter/printout.

18 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Thank you Joe - as for the name, all I know is my wife takes our marriage certificate to the amphoe office every year on our way to immigration for this letter/printout.

My wife just uses her ID card to request the printout of the Kor Ror 2. No need for the marriage certificate.

She just asks for a Kor Ror 2.