Where In Pattaya, can I register for Covid vaccine?

Nickelbeer

If you are in Thailand, and not a French citizen, you might get Moderna or Pfizer sometime next year (maybe Q1 next year) ?  If already successful registered for Moderna, you might get it in Q4 (but IMHO given the other suddenly appearing demands on Moderna its possible it could be Q1 next year before those who successfully registered for Moderna may get such).  

If you are a French citizen, then according to the French Embassy website, they plan to offer all their citizens in Thailand (over age 18) either Pfizer or Moderna, and further they note Johnson and Johnson is available now in Thailand, for French citizens over age-18.

For non-French citizens?   Well those in Thailand over some TBD age (is it 60 ? ) have a reasonable chance of eventually getting AstraZenca in Thailand. 

But if under 60, then there is a good chance for Q3 and for Q4 this year, Sinovac might be most likely vaccine offered (even Sinopharm unlikey for most).  Maybe (?) with Pfizer being given for front line Thai medical workers, that those workers who booked Moderna will cancel their Moderna bookings, and some Moderna may come available ?  < thats my speculation >

In the mean time, why go for SinoVac, because something is better than nothing? 

In fact, with the Delta variant becoming the dominant variant, even Pfizer efficacy against this vaccine is severely depressed.   AstraZeneca?  One has to wait something like 10 to 12 weeks between 1st and 2nd AstraZenec jabs, and some sources claim that 1 AstraZeneca jab is worse than 2 SinoVac jabs against the Delta variant. 

If you are very fit, if you can be assured of staying healthy, eating good food, staying very fit, and staying VERY VERY isolated, then maybe waiting for Q1 next year is worth the risk - but I myself would not recommend it.  I did say remain isolated?

In general - as sad and annoying as it might be, the best vaccine tends to be the 1st vaccine that one can get, where this sad fact is especially true in a case like Thailand where mRNA vaccines may not be available for most until Q1 next year, and where there is not enough AstraZeneca to go around (yet).

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, thpitsch said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is currently offering a free vaccination with AstraZeneca. I successfully signed up yesterday and will get my first vaccination next week. Call them and have your patient number and passport ready. The patient number is the same as at Jomtien Hospital.

Left hand right hand.......spoke to a nurse there yesterday about something else and asked and was told list was full....... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, thpitsch said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is currently offering a free vaccination with AstraZeneca. I successfully signed up yesterday and will get my first vaccination next week. Call them and have your patient number and passport ready. The patient number is the same as at Jomtien Hospital.

I get mine tomorrow 

• Like 1

Just spoke to Thai friend (female)  who had paid and booked for Moderna vaccine at a Pattaya hospital for Oct appointment. They just emailed her and told her appointment canncelled and they would refund her money.

Now she going to try to book for AZ shot in Pattaya or Bangkok as she  doesn't want Sinovac. She is 42.

Edited by Tony125
correction
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Just spoke to Thai friend (female)  who had paid and booked for Moderna vaccine at a Pattaya hospital for Oct appointment. They just emailed her and told her appointment canncelled and they would refund her money.

Now she going to try to book for AZ shot in Pattaya or Bangkok as she  doesn't want Sinovac. She is 42.

Refund ??

24 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Refund ??

read the whole post, a refund ( money back) due to her pre paid for moderna jabs, being cancelled.

I fear lots more prepaid moderna jabs will be cancelled

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, steve187 said:

read the whole post, a refund ( money back) due to her pre paid for moderna jabs, being cancelled.

I fear lots more prepaid moderna jabs will be cancelled

I understood your post, just surprised that she even got a refund. Usually swallowed up by admin fees etc

18 hours ago, oldcpu said:

If you are in Thailand, and not a French citizen, you might get Moderna or Pfizer sometime next year (maybe Q1 next year) ?  If already successful registered for Moderna, you might get it in Q4 (but IMHO given the other suddenly appearing demands on Moderna its possible it could be Q1 next year before those who successfully registered for Moderna may get such).  

If you are a French citizen, then according to the French Embassy website, they plan to offer all their citizens in Thailand (over age 18) either Pfizer or Moderna, and further they note Johnson and Johnson is available now in Thailand, for French citizens over age-18.

For non-French citizens?   Well those in Thailand over some TBD age (is it 60 ? ) have a reasonable chance of eventually getting AstraZenca in Thailand. 

But if under 60, then there is a good chance for Q3 and for Q4 this year, Sinovac might be most likely vaccine offered (even Sinopharm unlikey for most).  Maybe (?) with Pfizer being given for front line Thai medical workers, that those workers who booked Moderna will cancel their Moderna bookings, and some Moderna may come available ?  < thats my speculation >

In the mean time, why go for SinoVac, because something is better than nothing? 

In fact, with the Delta variant becoming the dominant variant, even Pfizer efficacy against this vaccine is severely depressed.   AstraZeneca?  One has to wait something like 10 to 12 weeks between 1st and 2nd AstraZenec jabs, and some sources claim that 1 AstraZeneca jab is worse than 2 SinoVac jabs against the Delta variant. 

If you are very fit, if you can be assured of staying healthy, eating good food, staying very fit, and staying VERY VERY isolated, then maybe waiting for Q1 next year is worth the risk - but I myself would not recommend it.  I did say remain isolated?

In general - as sad and annoying as it might be, the best vaccine tends to be the 1st vaccine that one can get, where this sad fact is especially true in a case like Thailand where mRNA vaccines may not be available for most until Q1 next year, and where there is not enough AstraZeneca to go around (yet).

Now Japanese are getting priority on the Intervac site Synphaet Sri Nagarindra Hospital Bangkok!

4 hours ago, thpitsch said:

I called them about 9 am Thurs morning and was told I'd be added to the list. No idea how long the list, but what the heck.

Got call back about 11:30 am and I've now got appointment for Friday morning! Told friend, but he had no such luck, didn't offer to put him on the list. He's Canadian so maybe not assertive enough?

I'll report back on how it went

Can't thank you enough. Well, maybe I can... thank you thank you thank you

• Like 1

Can't get through to Bangkok Pattaya-just put on endless hold. We both completed their registration form and although acknowledged have had nothing back and certainly nothing about AZ now! 

Coupled with Pattaya Memorial saying I emailed them too early, they are fully booked for Moderna and why don't I go to Bang Sue which is appointment only for Bangkok and immediate surrounding provinces I have had all I can stand from Pattaya Hospitals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Conflicting information everywhere.

A friend is patient at BPH for glaucoma operation and laser currently.

He asked about vaccination and they got rid of him.

I told him to try again and push with his patient number/bill.

I assume they shy away walk-ins not being registered patients?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, thpitsch said:

are thai accepted ?

and why it would be free ?

Edited by salsajapan

48 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I called them about 9 am Thurs morning and was told I'd be added to the list. No idea how long the list, but what the heck.

Got call back about 11:30 am and I've now got appointment for Friday morning! Told friend, but he had no such luck, didn't offer to put him on the list. He's Canadian so maybe not assertive enough?

I'll report back on how it went

Can't thank you enough. Well, maybe I can... thank you thank you thank you

Bangkok Pattaya says they are only booking AZ when requested by their doctors- did your BP doctor ask for you to get AZ now?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Looks like BP do have AZ but are only giving it if you are a current patient being actively treated and your BP doctor has to request the jab

Just back from getting my AZ shot at BHP. I'm not a current patient and haven't been for years, so safe to say no doctor requested a jab for me. Fairly well organized, maybe 5 minute wait at each check in station.

Got there about 9:40, was out of there by 11:10 (included 1/2 hr see if side effects portion)

I had an 11 o'clock appointment but got there early & didn't make me wait. I have to depend on public transport, so gave myself an extra bit of time.

Also gave me an appointment for Oct 22 this year

Oh, forgot. It was totally free, didn't cost me a satang

Edited by Emdog
added non cost
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:51 PM, Emdog said:

Just back from getting my AZ shot at BHP. I'm not a current patient and haven't been for years, so safe to say no doctor requested a jab for me. Fairly well organized, maybe 5 minute wait at each check in station.

Got there about 9:40, was out of there by 11:10 (included 1/2 hr see if side effects portion)

I had an 11 o'clock appointment but got there early & didn't make me wait. I have to depend on public transport, so gave myself an extra bit of time.

Also gave me an appointment for Oct 22 this year

Oh, forgot. It was totally free, didn't cost me a satang

Sounds good, how did you register?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

Sounds good, how did you register?

I called them up and said I'd like to register, so was transferred and gave them my info. I'd sent them emails months ago asking to be listed, but I don't think that played any part in getting my appointment. Couple of friends have tried that since my good luck, and been told not taking any more names for a list... I suppose you might try calling every morning, make a bit of a pest of yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Popped on intervac.

https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&type=article&id=1119

A new site supposedly goes live today at 11:00 AM, 

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

OH ! What a surprise ! Another ridiculous website made by idiots who cannot even keep a website up !

These stupid people never stop to amaze me !114306536_Screenshot2021-08-0112_17_40.png.e995e3109177094b586dcc2e0f9b798a.png

Screenshot 2021-08-01 12.17.40.png

25 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

#1 has no link, is just an explanatory note.

#2 requires a hospital number that I do not have.

#3 is only for MedPark for those in BKK

Wrong on all counts, if you don't wish to read  entire page/artilcle  linked. or follow directions that's your problem