Cocoa trees seized as new plantation found in Bang Wad protected national forest

webfact

1627451381_1-org.jpg

Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Officers investigating the encroachment on 108 rai in the protected forest reserve in the hills above the Bang Wad reservoir have now seized cocoa trees from a small plantation that was planted after the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) took on the case to investigate the encroachment as a special case.

Officers received a tip-off about the new plantation, covering just over one rai, said a report by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) posted today (July 28).

The officers inspected the site and found 200 cocoa trees planted in the area covering 108 rai in protected forest that is already under investigation for encroachment, said the report.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/cocoa-trees-seized-as-new-plantation-found-in-bang-wad-protected-national-forest-80845.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-28

• Like 1

Thailand is the country of squatters and encroachments. It happens everywhere. In the forests, along the clongs and water, roads, sidewalks. Anywhere where a Thai can make a profit. Nothing is sacred in Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

My neighbors just fenced in some 41 rai of land that does not belong to them . We checked it at the land office . The owner lives far away in Rayong ( some say he died already ) , and never comes here .

My wife just got a letter from the land office that she will need to sign a paper that allows the neighbor to register that 41 rai as Nor Sor 3 Kor under their name ... ?

I think they paid some corrupt person at the land office .

My wife will not sign anything .

• Like 1

These names... Bang Sue, Hot, Bang Wad, Hang Dong, and my personal fave, Nong Hoi...

Did somebody hire Larry Flynt to think these up?

Mind you, Hong Kong was good for a few fun street names too. Knowing the Thai word for jerking off, I could not avoid a schoolboy snigger upon visiting Fuk Chak St. in Kowloon.

15 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Just how IS a cocoa tree seized? 

Ask the RTP tree-hugging division. Seriously though, Cocoa is a rare and pricey commodity, it's an agricultural step in the right direction if It can be grown here, although probably not on State Forest land.

Edited by chalawaan