Controversial Olympics

StreetCowboy

What do people think about the controversies that have been stirred up at this Olympics?

The Dutch team failing to keep track of the breakaway because the race did not use race radios?

And Mathieu Van der Poel falling allegedly because of a ramp removed after the site inspection?

What do you think?

No controversy. I think either you're good enough on the day or you're not. Pogacar, for instance, without his team and perhaps because of his monumental effort at the TDF, was not on the day. If you can't keep track of a breakaway, well that's the way the cookie crumbles. They've never had radios at the Olympics. As for the ramp and VD Poel, the others dealt with its absence, he couldn't. It wasn't a surprise to anyone else because it isn't unusual and its removal was expected. 

I think maybe the course should be in its race condition when athletes do their inspection or practice.

I think the ladies' road race was a great advert for banning radios in every race.  

I'd like to get all the cars off the road, as well.  Or if that's not possible, just during cycle races.

SC