Pfizer vaccine for US citizens

ricktak

I saw on the news last night that the US had donated 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, with 150 thousand shots to go to US citizens, anyone know how this will be done, location and registration etc., I have been searching this morning but couldn't find anything about it. Thanks.

I heard the same figure earlier of 150,000 doses but it was to be given to foreigners, not specifically to American citizens. I read early this morning in the Thai media the figures below... No mention of any foreigners let alone American tax payers living in Thailand that paid for this. People have said we should go back to our own country to get vaccinated. Following that (lack of intelligence) logic then so should everyone else around the world.

Take note of the specific mention below of "Thai people for whom a Covid-19 infection could be fatal". What about foreigners (no matter where they come from) facing the same life and death situation?

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha extended his gratitude to the US for the vaccine donation (1.54m) at a time when Thailand was facing a Covid-19 crisis. The doses would be administered only to frontline medical workers and targeted groups of people, not to VIPs, Ms Traisuree said".

"She said 700,000 doses will be used for third, booster jabs for medical workers who treat Covid-19 patients nationwide; 645,000 doses for Thai people for whom a Covid-19 infection could be fatal; 150,000 doses for elderly people, patients with any of seven chronic illnesses, pregnant women at least 12 weeks into term; people who leave for countries that require inoculation with the Pfizer vaccine, including diplomats and students; 5,000 doses for research; and 40,000 doses kept in reserve to cope with viral mutations".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think there's any way for the regime to dispense the 150,000 doses to "Foreigners in Thailand (elderly and people with underlying conditions prioritized). 

Note that all infographics leave the "Service areas" box blank, conveniently enough.

The regime will launch a new non-functional app, and 47 page web-form, with the goal of preventing any foreigners from registering. Any foreigners who do register, the regime will see that both of them get vaccinated.

Nothing to be seen here.

E7gmE91WUAgCGfi.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

"I don't think there's any way for the regime to dispense the 150,000 doses to "Foreigners in Thailand (elderly and people with underlying conditions prioritized). "

There is a way. Stop excluding us from the vaccination queues. Get the order out to local health administrators that heads will roll if they continue to exclude expats contrary to stated national policy. Law of averages will ensure those 150k doses will go to many, many expats. 

• Like 1

This has been mentioned in the Bangkok Post and the Nation before, but not always when mentioning the US donation:

"The Thai government has pledged to use the donated vaccines to inoculate 700,000 front-line medical workers and 645,000 vulnerable people – those over 60, pregnant in high-risk zones, or with any of seven chronic health conditions. Another 150,000 doses are reserved for vulnerable expats, with the remainder allocated for research and emergencies."

Pfizer jabs donated to Thailand with no strings attached, says US govt (nationthailand.com)

And actually, the original number was 20%, not 10%. But as mentioned in a previous post, will the people in control follow the US guidance, or sell to the highest bidder??? Stay tuned in.

• Like 1

A bit of seepage from the 150,000 for foreigners.

The "People required to be vaccinated before going abroad" (presumably Thais, at 45,000) category has been merged into the 150,000 figure.

so we're down to 105,000 for Foreigners.

Would expect more categories to get merged into this quantity as we get closer to the 9 August date?

Might as well just give up the charade now, and save everyone the time. 

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

Even if the jabs don't find their way to US citizens, at least your government has given you some thought. Unlike the British Government who are trying to prove to everyone what jolly good sports we are by injecting the rest of world before its own tax-paying citizens abroad.

Edited by jesimps
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Even if the jabs don't find their way to US citizens, at least your government has given you some thought.

Ah yes, it's the thought that counts

Maybe I'll get a Hallmark card too?

Prefer a vaccine though.

All joking aside, I never expected to get a taste of this Pfizer, even though it was hinted at by the embassy (in an attempt to quell negative comments).

I do look forward to the unboxing videos on Youtube by those lucky Thai vloggers. I mean the ones who didn't travel to the U.S. on a tourist visa and get free vaccinations.

• Haha 1

American citizens should enroll embassy's Smart Traveler Enrolment Program (STEP)

You will receive updated information via email. And you don't have to wonder around to get information. 

Any news or opportunities arise then embassy will inform you via email.

• Like 1

How dificult can it be for diplomats to make the deel with Thailand (And any other country).... "We vacinate your citensens in this contry like ouer own.. You vacinate ouer citensens in your country as your own citensens"

On 7/30/2021 at 12:19 PM, ricktak said:

I guess it was too good to be true.

That news started from a Thai official the day the donation was first published. The embassy then issued a statement denying that saying that the Thai government could use as desired with no conditions.

I wrote to one of my congress persons and they said it was an unfortunate situation. That of course explained the situation perfectly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Most of the foreigners getting the shots will probably be laborers from nearby countries.

Maybe with sinopharm and sinovac, but don't think it would be with Pfizer. I can see though, a line of farangs that look a lot like Thai...

7 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

"I don't think there's any way for the regime to dispense the 150,000 doses to "Foreigners in Thailand (elderly and people with underlying conditions prioritized). "

There is a way. Stop excluding us from the vaccination queues. Get the order out to local health administrators that heads will roll if they continue to exclude expats contrary to stated national policy. Law of averages will ensure those 150k doses will go to many, many expats. 

well, the French seemed to manage it. goes to shows how xenophobic the Thai's are. after all it was manufactured in the States.  be polite we walked on the moon. Thai's still playing with hot air ballon

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

I wrote to the US embassy about this topic.  Their automated response basically says the donated vaccines are left up to the Thai govt. to decide who gets it.  I complained that they should have at least required a portion of the vaccines go to American citizens here who want it.  This is by definition a medical emergency and our embassy should aid American citizens overseas when there is one.  Americans here should call in or write to complain to the us embassy about this.  

The Thai govt said it would distribute the vaccine to the most in need and blah blah blah, but we all know the well connected Thais will get the Pfizer vaccine now that it’s here and everyone else fights for the scraps of the Chinese vaccine.  It’s sad that our American embassy did not prioritize Americans or at least look out for us as citizens.  

The Pfizer is like a gold brick, spoke person says not to V.I.P then goes down a list of V.I.P's that are going to get it then 5000 doses to be studied, 40,000 to be saved true to a Thai spoke person did it all with a straight face

One thing is guarantee, Puppet Chan and Health minister won't be doing photo ops when they get the Pfizer as their booster. I have no problem as an American in waiting so that the most needy Thais front line worker get the Pfizer the problem I have is the U.S. Embassy just giving it like always with no transparency or oversight.

A bit of advice U.S. Embassodor wake up and smell the coffee the Thai leaders you consider to be your oldest friends they aren't time to look at them the same as the CCP, they are nothing but the devil in sheep clothing! 

Well hopefully all the naysayers had kept their eyes open instead of their mouth, as yesterday the new vaccination website opened with more than 25,000 expats registering for the Pfizer vaccine courtesy of the USA.  

If you haven't, there's a good chance you can still do so, as 150k doses were reserved for expats:

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/