What to do with Thai marriage certificate before moving back to UK?

Looking for a definitive answer on something as have been told lots of different things and am getting confused. Recently married in Thailand (Korat) and got the Thai marriage certificate. Moving back to the UK soon and currently applying for initial UK Spouse Visa for my wife. 

Do I need to get the Thai Marriage Certificate translated and then certified/ notarised/ legalised (not sure which one it is!) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs OR only get it translated? 

I want to use it for the visa application and also have it accepted in the UK for whatever I need it for. 

Cheers 

I came back in 2015 with my Thai wife and she is now a British citizen. So it has to be translated with translator’s name and date of translation and that is all you need. That will then be accepted for all purposes in the UK.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, sherwood said:

Burn it and go home alone cobber. 

Only having a laugh, I would be looking for the same advice if I was to take the wife back to Australia.

Does your embassy not help?

Good luck

No reply from embassy - as per usual! 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:26 PM, bigyin said:

I came back in 2015 with my Thai wife and she is now a British citizen. So it has to be translated with translator’s name and date of translation and that is all you need. That will then be accepted for all purposes in the UK.

Thanks for this. That's a lot easier to get done and doesn't require anything going to Bangkok. 

9 hours ago, JB2831 said:

No reply from embassy - as per usual! 

The UK Embassy play no part in visa applications, they will refer you to the the UKVI Website, though that isn't very helpful since they veered away from offering advice on supporting documents, preferring to give advice during the application process.

"bigyin" has provided the relevant advice, it has to be translated with translator’s name and date of translation, you don't need to get it certified by the MFA, that's for Thailand related applications.