Health Min confident an extension of elevated measures will cut infection rates

Jonathan Fairfield

Isolation for EVERYONE with covid in hospital facilities was a worthy goal when the virus was under control.

However with this current wave then isolation at home is the only option for those with mild/no symptoms. 

It does of course need to be strictly enforced and things like food delivery and daily checks on those living alone should be organised.

• Like 1

My interpretation is that he is saying that, even with controls/mitigation/vaccination, the current accepted best-case projections are that the wave WILL rise to 40,000 per day in October.

And if the current mitigation efforts "work", that peak will recede from October. Have faith, and pray.

Unstated is "what if these efforts don't work as planned"?

But it is confusing.

Edited by mtls2005

Just now, mtls2005 said:

My interpretation is that he is saying that, even with controls/mitigation/vaccination, the current accepted best-case projections are that the wave WILL rise to 40,000 per day in October.

And if the current mitigation efforts "work", that peak will recede from October. Have faith, and pray.

Unstated is "what if these efforts don't work as planned"?

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He added that with strong cooperation from the public, the daily contraction rate could drop by 20 percent in one month’s time to about 30,000 people a day, from the present number in excess of 40,000 people.

He is saying in one months time it could drop to 30,000 from the current 40,000. From 40k now to 30K then. I can't see any other way of reading this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snuller21 said:

but reiterated that the most important factor remains public cooperation.???? No. The MOST important is to give vaccine to everybody living in Thailand, and not the Sinovac, which is NO good for Delta variant.

The new vaccine appointment method will be via booking in advance or “pre-registration” with the following hospitals.

As of today, the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines are available.

LogoDDC.png

Just now, dinsdale said:

From 40k now to 30K then. I can't see any other way of reading this.

Except that the current case rate is ~ 19,000 (yesterday, today it's down a bit)

And I assume that he knows the current and projected rates.

But I did say that was "my interpretation".

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Except that the current case rate is ~ 19,000 (yesterday, today it's down a bit)

Yes this is the point. Why say 40K? Thing is as most of us know the numbers are under reported and 40k would be closer to the mark and this would not include asymtomatic the number of which is probably massive.

• Like 2

The more the virus circulates, the more it will change.

Delta will not be the last variant we'll see here. 

The next “variants of interest” category — suspected of being more transmissible or vaccine resistant — includes Eta, Iota, Kappa and Lambda. 

The Greek alphabet may be insufficient to cover them all. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Or.......he knows what the real rate is and slipped up.

• Like 2

Is this the same Anutin who said (among many other things) that there would be no vaccination delays starting in June, and that from August they'd be administering 1 million doses per day? And that farang don't shower and shouldn't be trusted?

If it IS the same guy, then why are we bothering to listen to the latest verbal diarrhoea to spout out of his gob?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, I guess anything is possible if you believe.

6c14816b74f09ea6.jpg

It's not about having to 'believe' because of some warped interpretation.  It's determining what he said from the specific words that the article quotes him saying.  'Present number in excess of 40,000' means 40,000+ now, not a figure anticipated at some time in the future.  If it's an anticipated figure why use the term 'present'.  The only 'if you believe' scenario is interpreting the article to mean something other than what he actually said.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He added that with strong cooperation from the public, the daily contraction rate could drop by 20 percent in one month’s time to about 30,000 people a day, from the present number in excess of 40,000 people.

Is  that and admission?

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Not sure I'm reading the article right but the news reports are of approx 18,000 infections a day yet he says the 'the present number in excess of 40,000 people'?  Did he drop a clanger?  Maybe it's a translation issue and he meant anticipated 40,000.

Does anybody honestly believe that the current rate of new infections is much lower than 40,000? At least the guy is being honest, though his bosses may be none too pleased about it.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The peak of infections is expected to occur in October

Blimey, yesterday it was September when we would reach the peak, and now it’s already gone back a  month! Never mind, I’m sure the cretin-in-chief will soon pop up like a Spitting Image puppet, assuring us that his plans to reopen to foreign tourists in mid-October will never be derailed.

• Like 2

My word! Everyday I read the The Thailand Live post to keep up to date with Thai news. Now I am unable to differentiate between the Thai politicians and their so called experts. I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming that I have been trapped in a Christmas Pantomime at the Theatre Royal at Windsor.

So I am shouting out to the Minister of Health, "Oh no it's not!!".  The Answer is Vaccination, Vaccination and more Vaccination.

• Like 1