Just who is responsible for the most Fake News? Us or them?

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

At Alleyn’s in Camberwell

Are you trying to make yourself sound more common, Mr Rooster?

I'm a Camberwell boy and last time I looked, Alleyn's was in that leafy district know as Dulwich, though admittedly SE22 rather than SE21.

Still, at least you didn't say Peckham!

• Haha 2

All Gov'ts lie - it is part of the process.

Don't single out Thailand.

Re: Fake News - ASEAN has a chance to be at the forefront of only publishing news that has been checked and verified.

I do not see this happening. I do see the Same 'Ol Same 'OL

Take this opportunity to rise above the herd

Edited by canthai55

There's plenty of postings here with half truths, alt facts, misinformation, hyperbolic postings, etc. Not a huge difference from many internet "news/information" sources.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, rooster59 said:

Don’t hold your breath that the US authorities care where their vax goes.

They seem to care more for the photo opportunity to make it look as though all the governments and peoples of the globe are in friendly harmony. That is to say….let’s not rock the mutual trade boat. 

Quite a mean spirited assessment, and not particularly accurate. The US vaccine donation to Thailand is based partially on a genuine desire to ease the health crisis here and partially on geo-political concerns (maintaining good relations with a regional ally, offering a counterbalance to Chinese influence, etc) - you can argue about the percentages - but has essentially nothing to do with trade.

Edited by khunjeff
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Quite a mean spirited assessment, and not particularly accurate. The US vaccine donation to Thailand is based partially on a genuine desire to ease the health crisis here and partially on geo-political concerns (maintaining good relations with a regional ally, offering a counterbalance to Chinese influence, etc) - you can argue about the percentages - but has essentially nothing to do with trade.

Yet, most assured, has everything to do with geopolitical politics. 

The U.S doesn't extend any such altruistic character unless there is a purposed beneficial note.

Much fake news and rumors are often spread by the aggrieved themselves, to garner sympathy, exaggerate the attacks, and gain support for going after the attackers.

I doubt any of the protesters are actually plotting a coup. But now let's spread that rumor, and next time they're out in the street, they're now conspirators to be jailed.