Tourism Minister: Tourist spending target 850 billion (up on last year) - TAT staying ultra positive

webfact

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Three to four million foreign tourists would spend 300 billion and the rest would come from 90-100 million trips by Thai people spending a whopping 500 billion baht. 

Could these numbers be considered as fake news , we know how much the TAT like give figures that just never seem achieve reality during this Pandemic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They quoted Tourism and Sports Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan as saying that 2021 tourism spending was targeted to be 850 BILLION baht. 

This would be four percent BETTER than last year when it was only 814 billion.

It sounds like it could be from the next predicted 110,000 Phuket Sandbox-visitors that arrives in August and September...????

waaw amazing..... 4% and 5 months to go= 5x4 is 20% more this year from 820 million almost 1 billion this year. And tourists too 90-100 million trips in and out Phuket with now closed borders for locals again a new record coming...More doctors and food trucks are allowed in and out so more and more tourists... Long live the Sanbox, long live TAT long live the empty brains

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

TAT actually has a huge employee base in the thousands.  It's similar to Thai Air with its bloated workforce, still more than 14,000 people.

It is such a waist of taxpayers money.

Please tell me it isn't so.  14000!

Also Thailand Ministry of Tourism and Sports.  Tourist Police.  Immigration Police.  

And how many tourists?  Would they save more money, even if life returns to normal, if they just ended tourism and closed these departments?

• Haha 1

Tourism Minister should be getting reported for fake news. Three to four million foreign tourists would spend 300 billion, that's 75,000 per head. Piptat must be living in La La Land if he thinks that at least 3M foreign tourists will be visiting Thailand in the remaining 5 months of 2021... Perhaps he is still under the illusion that Thailand is going to open its borders in October?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Reading these kind of articles every week, I can’t figure out if they are serious or meant to make us laugh. ???

They think the Thai people are stupid.

Everyone has a smart phone and can access "fake" news 24 hours a day.

... Three to four million foreign tourists... 

In addition to the mathematical inaccuracy of 25% more or less, I ask myself what kind of forecasting models do the TAT use to achieve this numbers?

In any small 10 man company, the management would question these forecast figures.

And Is there any definition of what the TAT understands by "foreign tourist"?

- Foreigners married with Thai people who come to the country anyway because they want stay with their family?

- Pensioners who want to spend their retirement years here?

- Business people who come to do business here or who work for their foreign companies?

Are these groups included in the 3-4 Million ?

Or are foreign tourists just the real vacationers who spend their 4 weeks annual vacation here on the beach and sleeping in hotels?

With the best of intentions, I don't think any entrepreneur in Thai tourism (hoteliers, restaurant owners, tour guides, motorcycle rentals, bar owners, minivan owners, diving school owners, etc.) can do anything with the TAT numbers. So the TAT is only one thing: wasted tax payers money and superfluous.

Edited by tomacht8

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

TAT actually has a huge employee base in the thousands.  It's similar to Thai Air with its bloated workforce, still more than 14,000 people.

It is such a waist of taxpayers money.

Really ?

I thought there are 4-5 people in an office who put together some numbers every week.

What the hell these thousands of employees doing?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1