Forgot the seasoning of 400k

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It only has to be in the bank for 2 months. But it appears even you put it in the bank today it would not be in the bank long enough.

You could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension to get enough time for it to be in the bank for 2 months.

OK, so that's something I could do right before my current extension runs out in the middle of next month? Which TM form and documents would I have to present?

PS. I have been told that frist year extension the seasoning is 2 months but subsequent extensions the requirement is 3 month so this is not correct?

Edited by Inderpland

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for it a couple of weeks early.

You will use the standard TM7 form used for all extensions. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

This affidavit completed as well. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 541 downloads

You were told wrong. It is 2 months for every extension and it has been the same for well over a decade.

The 2 months and then 3 months rule was for extensions based upon retirement but that was changed in 2019 to 2 months for every extension.

Thanks a lot, really helpful! ????

Just a couple of follow-up question; Is this just a formality, i.e. are 60 day extensions routinly granted? And lastly, should I print out the affidavit on 1 page or 2?

Edited by Inderpland

On 8/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for it a couple of weeks early.

You will use the standard TM7 form used for all extensions. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

This affidavit completed as well. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 541 downloads

You were told wrong. It is 2 months for every extension and it has been the same for well over a decade.

The 2 months and then 3 months rule was for extensions based upon retirement but that was changed in 2019 to 2 months for every extension.

Nakhon Sawan still requires 3 months

22 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Nakhon Sawan still requires 3 months

Anyone know if Jomtien IO also require 3 months? Accoring to ubonjoe it's 2 months and I'm sure he's correct but I also know that different IOs sometimes make up their own rules.

Edited by Inderpland

6 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Anyone know if Jomtien IO also require 3 months?

The abide by the written rules and only require 2 months.

From immigration order 327/2557.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year."

• Like 1

Good morning,

I have also a question about seasoning. I entered the country 290621 on a non-o 90 days married visa . The visa expires on the 26921. On the 29621 my SCB Balance was thb 802.000. On the 130721 i drew thb 400.000 leaving a balance of thb 402000. On the 160721 i transferred thb 180000 to a scb term deposit leaving thb 222000 in the scb savings account but maintaing a total of thb 402000 in two scb Accounts.  When can I apply earliest for marriage extension, 150921 ???

Cheers

Roobaa01

20 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

I have also a question about seasoning. I entered the country 290621 on a non-o 90 days married visa . The visa expires on the 26921. On the 29621 my SCB Balance was thb 802.000. On the 130721 i drew thb 400.000 leaving a balance of thb 402000. On the 160721 i transferred thb 180000 to a scb term deposit leaving thb 222000 in the scb savings account but maintaing a total of thb 402000 in two scb Accounts.  When can I apply earliest for marriage extension, 150921 ???

I assume the date your permit to stay ends is 26/9/21. You visas expiration date means nothing now.

I am not sure if immigration will accept your funds now since you have moved them around. Best not do anything with them during the 2 months before you apply. You need to show them what you have to find out if they will accept it.

You may have to apply for a 60 day extension to meet the 400k baht for 2 months requirement.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

The abide by the written rules and only require 2 months.

From immigration order 327/2557.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than...

Is the 40K per month still an option?  My US military monthly pension is well above the 40k, just wondering if I'm able to free up my 400k sitting in a Thai bank, and if yes, what forms?

Edited by bbko

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

Is the 40K per month still an option?  My US military monthly pension is well above the 40k, just wondering if I'm able to free up my 400k sitting in a Thai bank, and if yes, what forms?

To prove your income you will need to show 12 months of transfers of at least 40k baht into a Thai bank from abroad.

It proven with a 12 months bank statement showing the transfers came from abroad. If not shown as foreign transfers you need credit advises to prove it.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day covid 19 extension is a special one.

You normally would only be able to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife but it is restricted to one per entry to the country using a visa. By getting the covid extension you can save that one in case it is needed later.

The affidavit should be printed 2 sided.

If he uses the covid extension, won’t that void his current marriage visa and after the covid visa finishes he would need to leave the country and to get a new non immigrant o visa?

Surat Thani requirement is 2 months before and 1 month after or until the extension is approved, has not changed, I put my 400,000 into a different account(better interest rate) then transfer it over to a savings account 2 months before I apply for my extension then once I have my approval(around 1 month from application date) I transfer it back

Edited by seajae

@ubonjoe the visa expires on the 26092021. The thb 402000 are sitting in two different scb accounts at the same branch 1. Savings account current balance thb 462000. I made sure that the balance never went below thb 222000 since in order to maintain thb 402000. 2. Term deposit thb 180000. The funds came from 1 savings acc on the 1607 21. I dont understand why would need to extend 60 days covid even though the funds were split ? If i calculated the 16.07.21 to 16.09.21 =62 days thus I would be in line with the seasonnig rules or not ??

I use the 1 savings account as current account for living.

Cheers

Roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01

33 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

@ubonjoe the visa expires on the 26092021. The thb 402000 are sitting in two different scb accounts at the same branch 1.

Your visa was valid for 3 months from the day it was issued. You visa allowed a 90 day permit to stay.

34 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

The thb 402000 are sitting in two different scb accounts at the same branch 1. Savings account current balance thb 462000. I made sure that the balance never went below thb 222000 since in order to maintain thb 402000. 2. Term deposit thb 180000. The funds came from 1 savings acc on the 1607 21. I dont understand why would need to extend 60 days covid even though the funds were split ? If i calculated the 16.07.21 to 16.09.21 =62 days thus I would be in line with the seasonnig rules or not ??

I use the 1 savings account as current account for living.

The balance is not the the problem. The problem is that you moved the funds from one account to another if I am reading your post and the dates in it correctly. Immigration expect the funds to remain in one account for 2 months.

• Like 1